why you can't use with nitro iridium spark plugs ?

korke

Registered
Hy

Please tell me why you can't use iridium spark plugs on engine if you are using nitros ?

my bike has 80 hp nitro shot...

I am glad to know that, cause I've been told the oposite. My bud just stuck nitrous on his (40 shot) and was told that the iridium plugs were the only plugs that would not burn up using the button.

Is it just the larger shot or all nitrous applications?

I'm gonna go on out there and throw out another question...MRP is oxygenated, being a lot like Nitrous and leaning out needing the proper mapping. Are these plugs dangerous with fuels such as MR9?

Just a short answer, I don't want to lead Korke's thread down the wrong way.

you have done it :poke:

Yes you can use iridium with oxygenated fuels. And it works greate. My yamaha r6 runs on oxygenated fuel with iridium sparks and works very very good...that good that 1/4 time is 9.93

I'm gonna go on out there and throw out another question...MRP is oxygenated, being a lot like Nitrous and leaning out needing the proper mapping. Are these plugs dangerous with fuels such as MR9?

Just a short answer, I don't want to lead Korke's thread down the wrong way.

Any new info on the nitrous questions? :whistle:

Large shot? small shot? double shot? Tequila shot?

the hot/cold plug thing has to do with the heat range of the spark plug, not the physical temp. a colder range spark plug will pull more heat from the combustion chamber. too cold a plug will get fouled, too hot will detonate. when running boosted or bottle fed, you want a slightly (one to two ranges) colder plug.

I have the same question

On "stock"...only small Airbox-mod ,K&N , and Akra-complete line and dynoed with yoshi-box im running iridium plugs.
I have 168 rwp.

Im instllalling a dry shot (40Hp shot so i think about 36 jet)

What plugs shall i mount ?

Please give me a good ,aproved value for NGk p.e.

Thanks

I'm working on installing an MPS dry kit on my '08. I'm trying to look at all angles of doing this "right the first time". What plugs would you guys recommend?
Stock - Denso Iridium IU27D or - NGK-R CR9E ?

Also, what kind of gapping would these plugs be set at?

From the statements earlier, it sounds like I'd want to go with the NGK's.

As recommended by the Nitrous gooroos; I'm running w/ NGK CRE10s'. Can't recall the gap setting- but I do know they were right on the money straight outta the box. GoldenChild keeps em stocked.

running iridium plugs with nitrous has nothing to do with heat ranges or causeing detonation...its a "safety margin" thing. The reason nitrous manufacturers recommend using "soft core" plugs is simply because if you DO have an extreme lean condition, theres a pretty good chance that a standard core plug will melt down and cease to fire before major damage accurs, wheras the iridium plug will continue to fire, possibly leading to more severe engine damage.

Back