iPad smilies problem

AJAY

Registered
Hi folks. First off, hats off to you for the great work on updating the oRg. It's really coming along and looks great!

Just noticed a new problem for iPad users in Reply Thread mode. The smilies button opens a small overlay window and it's sort of grayed-out and won't let you actually enter a smilie in your post. It appears this is executed with Java, but Java doesn't work on the iPad.

I also just tried the smilies "more" button available in the new threads window. Tis opens a separate tab and loads the full smilie set - quickly too - but it won't actually enter a smilie in the post.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do. (I tried to give you a Superman smilie, but couldn't.) :(

If you can send me an iPad 2, I'll be glad to test it for you :laugh:

I'll look at it, but - for now - it may be a limitation of the skin; we'll work on it.

You can, however, use Tapatalk on the iPad...

Ajay look at it like this... There are some good things that Ipads can do, I have a GenI so I get it... One thing they can't do is flash, the systems just weren't designed for them to run flash or Java and I think what you are seeing is a limitation of the device.

cap

Ajay look at it like this... There are some good things that Ipads can do, I have a GenI so I get it... One thing they can't do is flash, the systems just weren't designed for them to run flash or Java and I think what you are seeing is a limitation of the device.

cap
That answer would get a raspberry, Cap. That is, IF I could get the smilies on the iPad to work I could give it a raspberry! LOL!
(actually, I see there's a nice short list of smilies now available on the sidebar. Good enough for me, thanks. :beerchug:)

Back