More Ipad help - Please

RedBusarider

Registered
I hope someone knows how to fix this.

I have tried many times to reply to a post using my Ipad and almost everytime
when I get ready to reply, a CHAT NOW (??) box comes up and covers the Submit Reply Now
button and I can't seem to get rid of it in any way. This invariable causes at some point
all of my reply to vanish and I would have to start all over.

Is there a way to get rid of the CHAT NOW button without clicking on it?
as there seems no way to move it around or off of the button I need to click!
Moving the screen up or down it follows and still covers the button I need to click.

Please help!

When I'm on a PC there never is a CHAT NOW - WHY ON A IPAD ?

Don't know how to fix. But if you rotate the iPad to vertical or horizontal does the button move out of your way? I use forum runner on my iOS stuff.

What is forum runner?

An Ipad forum app that the .org has programmed for....go to the iTunes store and download it's free. A little different interface but it works. Don't know why you have this issue I've never had it with my Ipad...

My iPad has the chat now box but it is fixed at the bottom of the screen. Also while I'm typing this in the Quick Reply box, the chat now tag is gone. I'm also using a case with bluetooth keyboard. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I also have a case and a BT keyboard.

The Chat Now box is not up all the time. I don't know if someone logs on - then it pops up or what.

All I know is if it pops up and covers the button to post, that no matter what I do, I can't get it to move so I can post. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm surprised that no one else seems to have run across this problem.

So are you saying that there is an APP for the org? On my Ipad I use Google and then log on to the forum.
And if you use that APP then there is no CHAT NOW button? But the forum looks/acts/different from the one on the web?

Forum Runner is an app that makes forums like this one (and other favorite forums of mine - Sawmill Creek, the Primo Grill forum) easily read/posted to via your iOS device. You load it up, and all your forums are on there, you don't have to log in every time (it saves it and does it automatically). Maybe give it a shot? When he says that the forum has programmed for it - I think he means that the way the org is set up, it plays nicely with this app (some forums don't work with it).

FWIW - I have the "chat now" button problem from time to time too, on my iPad2, RedBusarider.

Yeah forum runner is my go to for forums, you miss some of the emoticons, but no biggie. I would highly recommend it. Simple, and fast.

An Ipad forum app that the .org has programmed for....go to the iTunes store and download it's free. A little different interface but it works. Don't know why you have this issue I've never had it with my Ipad...

Is this the app you were talking about?
As you can see it's not free and the reviews were not to good.

I typed in "forum runner" and this is the only one that came close to that title.
The "End of Times Studi..." threw me off at first as did the price because you said it was free.
As did the "vBulletin, phpB" part.
Even though it has 3½ stars the reviews I read were mixed. Normal I guess?
Some saying it was not worth the $2.

Ipad screen shot.jpg

That's the one. I think it was free when I got it though, perhaps no longer? I've had/used it for years.

Yeah that's it's. I remember paying for mine but at one time it was free.

The only problems I have with it is occasionally timing out, but when it does that it doesn't crash you just have to hit ok a couple times and hit the button again. And one time it logged me out and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post or send messages for a couple days.

Not all forums are compatible either. So maybe that adds to the few star rating.

***edit. My main reason for getting it was to be able to post photos from my phone.

I have read many reviews about how when they upgrade an app that it makes it a lot worse then it was before.
So if you have had yours for years then maybe you got a good version.

I haven't paid for any apps yet so I may hold off and see if it goes back to free.

If I use the Ipad again and the chat now covers up the post button I may try and do a screen shot of that.
Again it doesn't happen all the time - it almost seems like if I typed a longer reply that's when it might do weird stuff
and lock the chat now over the post button. Time will tell.

So NO one knows why there is a Chat Now button when on an Ipad?

I was thinking if it could be moved to the left some that it might NOT be able to cover up the post button.

Not sure if that is something an ADMIN could fix or not.

Could be true. I don't update my apps for that reason sometimes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Would be a hassle. But if your loosing long typed out messages, before you post hit copy all and if it messes up cancel and hit new post and you won't have to type it all again, just paste.

Could be true. I don't update my apps for that reason sometimes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Would be a hassle. But if your loosing long typed out messages, before you post hit copy all and if it messes up cancel and hit new post and you won't have to type it all again, just paste.

Good Idea. Now is there a sure fire way to copy and paste something on an Ipad.

There are many times I bump something or touch something and the copy gets a box around it and there is a copy button.
If I click off of that it goes away. But I'm not sure how to copy something without doing it on accident. :rofl:

So one more time I could use your help.

Just so you know I have spent all my computing life on a PC until about 10 months ago when I got my first Iprodict. :laugh:
So I've come a long ways on learning the Ipad. But it does have it's limitations, as in no USB ports, no CD/DVD drives and the built in keyboard
doesn't have arrow keys to move around like a PC does. (Yes I know you could buy and adapter cord to use a flash drive or SD card) But you can't upgrade memory without a new device.
On the plus side it does have a touchscreen and 2 cameras and some cool apps, not to mention it is (mine's a mini retina) more portable then even a Laptop.

Thanks for the help so far, I'm sure I may need some again.

No prob. You just touch and hold on the paragraph, and it should highlight a word or the whole thing. Then your release and chose cut, copy, or copy all. Then when you have somewhere you'd like to insert the text, you touch and hold where you want it, let go, then it should say paste

Back