Introducing FrankenBusa!

I cut a piece of thin cardboard (Yes, it is a cereal box!) to get the shape I wanted. Since this is a track -only bike, I do not want anything like the factory gauge surround. Keeping it simple!

2012-09-25_14-57-33_659.jpg

When I got everything the way I wanted it, I covered the back of the templates with blue masking tape, and gave it two good coats of mold release. Then I positioned them on the fairings

This was after I mounted them (notice the screws that hold it tight on the edges) and put two layers of fiberglass on them

2012-09-25_18-53-26_325.jpg

Here is a shot from the bottom
2012-09-25_18-53-09_112.jpg

After I got done, and everything cured, I pulled off my templates and cut the edges. Then I re-installed the fairing on the bike, and started doing some smoothing out.. No pics of that yet, maybe tomorrow!

I'm just waiting on the painter to get the tail done. It's up and running. Can't wait to to get some miles on it, tuned, and spray it!:please:

Mine has been at a standstill for a month or so. COuld not go any further without the pipe I was saving money for, since the bodywork needed to be cut for it. Between siding, family, and Thanksgiving, it has not been touched.

Except for this:

2012-11-25_13-30-36_35.jpg

I cut and lowered a factory tank. All the welding is done, now I need to grind it, sealt inside, and do the bodywork to see how it turned out. Lots of hours on that!

I also scored a set of Vortex rearsets for a great price (used of course)
2012-10-16_22-23-29_148.jpg

Looks great! Can't go wrong with a Busa. Can you add about three more inches to the stretch?

The arm that is on there can only go about another 1/2 inch before it is all the way back. Future plans are to get an arm that will go slightly shorter than it is to 70 inches long. I bought the tail with that in mind.

The costs are starting to add up now. New bodywork and a pipe added about 2k to the total cost :banghead: But there are some things that I wanted to buy new, or couldn't find used in decent shape

The arm that is on there can only go about another 1/2 inch before it is all the way back. Future plans are to get an arm that will go slightly shorter than it is to 70 inches long. I bought the tail with that in mind.

The costs are starting to add up now. New bodywork and a pipe added about 2k to the total cost :banghead: But there are some things that I wanted to buy new, or couldn't find used in decent shape

It's funny how the tails can make the bike look so short. I was going to say it already looks about 69-70in, but the tail makes it deceiving. Since my Airtech tail still runs the passenger seat and factory hump, people think my bike is only 6in over until they back away from it.

Back