Busa set up recommendations, awesome bike!!

jaysrippen

Registered
Good day guys!!! lots of snow up here (great for Sledding!!) . But I'm wanting to do some set up for 1/4 on my busa. I use my Busa for everything: road track racing (she's little big), street riding/long range cruising/ and 1/4
I have:
dropping one tooth front sprocket
Shinko rear on a spare wheel
frt strap
Yosh dual slip ons
MSD launch master

Im thinking of:
ECU re-program from Chuck at RC's performance
short stacks
MPS clutch mod
CO2 shifter
Wheelie bar??

Im not sure on the Wheelie bar?? I dont want a extended arm, but having the front down and being consistant sounds good. Would I need a solid strut for a wheelie bar?

What do you think of my set up idea's??

:welcome:

Ecu flash is an awesome start! Really don't think a wheelie bar is necessary unless your stretched and throwing serious HP. :dunno:

Thanks guys, ill post some pics. I got to race 2 events this summer and bike ran well with fastest 10.06@142mph, and was consistant around 10.15. Thats with a poor track and at 230ft elevation, so Im quite happy.
I still would like to look into a wheelie bar. quick and easy to put on/off, and I think I would be more consistant. Any recommendations or insight into wheelie bars??? I looked on Pingles site, kinda pricey, maybe I will build or find used??

ok ,try posting pic's

225052_10152048920255506_2140023011_n.jpg

394378_10152048920450506_686862696_n.jpg

There is no easy on easy off when running a bar. You have to change the shock to a strut every time. and it takes alot of r&d to get one to work well. Also bars dont work well with stock wheel base, if you leave hard off a 2stepp it will slam the bar down and unload the rear wheel. Ive been running one for four years (track only) so I would stay away from a bar unless its a track only bike.

primer 005.jpg

180138_156262104428164_100001331252358_286021_291349_n.jpg

Good luck on trying to do it all. Been there tried that street strip bike. Ya can either drag a knee or thrown down some hard holeshots cant do both have to settle.
Launch master, throttle stop with a slider clutch is the only way to run consistent on a swb street bike at the dragstrip

Great replies guys!!

PS thats me Vs my Dads 66 ChevyII drag car!!! You can see Im getting the jump on him off the tree, which is a good thing being he's running 8.4@164mph

Thanks DragonBusa that was the exact info I needed, RE wheelie bars and struts. I just googled shock removal and sounds like a tight fit, Not a easy in/out. So staying away from the wheelie bar. Thanks

hi mate whats your 60s 330s , if u dont mind?
my guess is mid 1.6s anyway my advice is forget the bike & just concentrate on yourself the 60s & 330s is all that counts after that its the bike. im digging out 1.54 stock bike, not motor but still rider skill is more important,
then most things, u can buy, u dont want to buy an et, u go there & earn it. its stock gearing as well.

yep 60 foot time were just over 1.6, I'm quite happy with the flat 10 @ 142mph, just want a little edge to be more consisitant. Theres more snowmobilies in my bike sled classed then bikes, drag snowmobiles are very consisitant.

UPDATE: I had my ECU program/tuned by Frank at powerhouse, lower links for rear,

yep 60 foot time were just over 1.6, I'm quite happy with the flat 10 @ 142mph, just want a little edge to be more consisitant. Theres more snowmobilies in my bike sled classed then bikes, drag snowmobiles are very consisitant.

UPDATE: I had my ECU program/tuned by Frank at powerhouse, lower links for rear,

I was going to suggest sending the ecu to Frank but I see you already did. Great price and service. I think you will be quite happy with how it pulls now with just the tweaks that he made. I see 9's in your future. I would suggest s/a extensions too if you don't have them already and a BMC race filter for the track.

Back