Intro pics

pward76

Donating Member
Registered
I wanted to wait until I had done some mods before I posted any pics of my busa, because you can go to the Suzuki website to see a stock one..

Anyway.. here's the scoot..

Busa_001_4_2_05.jpg

Very nice...but keep an eye on your dash...many peoples with '04's and aftermarket windscreens (I have that same chrome you have) have complained about the dash melting. I have had 2 melt on me so far. Will post some pics later....very ooogly.

Very nice...but keep an eye on your dash...many peoples with '04's and aftermarket windscreens (I have that same chrome you have) have complained about the dash melting.  I have had 2 melt on me so far.  Will post some pics later....very ooogly.
Does your screen have the mesh insert underneath? Sportech started using these to diffuse the heat specifically to prevent the dash melting.

Very nice...but keep an eye on your dash...many peoples with '04's and aftermarket windscreens (I have that same chrome you have) have complained about the dash melting.  I have had 2 melt on me so far.  Will post some pics later....very ooogly.
Does your screen have the mesh insert underneath?  Sportech started using these to diffuse the heat specifically to prevent the dash melting.
Yes, the shield has the mesh - it's the Sportech vflow. I had a Sportech standard chrome shield on it before(the one that you cannot see through), but as I was soldering up the wires for my HID, I spattered some solder on the inside, which didn't melt the plastic, but left a visible imperfection on the outside.

So I replaced it with this newer one. I must say that I can see the gauges much easier. Haven't noticed much difference in wind flow at speed, though. (I'm 6 feet tall, btw)

Nice pics. My sportech did melt my gauges and then sportech sent me a new windshield with the mesh insert, and they also paid for my new gauges. Very good company to work with.
smile.gif

Back