Intermittent Stutter at Higher Revs

thedemon1

Registered
I have recently bought a 2003 Busa, with only 2500miles on the clock, and Im having problems.

I know the last owner had it for 9months and only did 100miles, so he couldve had the same problem too.  The owner before that had it from new and put the 2400miles on it in 4years....so it may have been standing for a while?

The problem is that occasionally when it starts the tickover is a little "fluffy"...not missing just running a bit rough and dropping a hundred revs or so.....second problem is that it will hesitate/stutter when accelerating hard on exit...only after u have dropped it down the box and held it about 5-6000rpm before entering the corner.

It seems to be ok at all other times!

Anyone got any ideas?

The bike is now at 2900m....Ive done 400m with this problem

I have fitted new iridium plugs (NGK CR9EIX) but it's no different.

Im happy the bike has done a genuine 2500miles, it all looks like new still.

Im using regular fuel...not high octane

The only thing that I know isnt perfect is the battery - it's the original and the bike has an alarm...so it loses charge quickly....so I have a new battery being delivered tomorrow....but would that cause problems like this?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Battery doesnt make a difference, Im now onto replacement ignition coils.

Bought some second hand off a 2005, via Ebay.

Once they're delivered then I'll give them a try....thought it worth it coz the iridium plugs seem to have helped things a bit!

Also checked the injectors are clean, and the mesh screens - all are 100% fine!

What I mean by fluffy tickover is that is runs rough but without any aparent misfire.

When you rev it, it revs up but not smooth and fast....it feels a bit lumpy
laugh.gif

Back