Interesting Read...

Um, KS, you ever read any of the works still allowed to be published by Nicola Tesla?

You have got to READ THIS

You can skip to the bottom of the page for the relevence to Tanguska. Very interesting...

Also of note, the US government siezed and classified a vast amount of Tesla's experiments. Most of which are still classified. Now there is a thinker...

Personally, I think Tesla did do it, accidentally perhaps, but I think he was trying to prove himself, make something happen at the north pole, something that would catch the worlds eye. Perhaps he underestimated the effects the earths magnetic field would have on his directed energy. Next thing you know whoomp... Tunguska...

--Tesla and Tunguska

There is another possible - if wildly improbable - cause of the mysterious event at Tunguska in 1908 (7 September, p 14). One of Nikola Tesla's great projects was the wireless transformation of energy over large distances. He believed that this could be harnessed in war to destroy incoming attacks from over 300 kilometres away.

Tesla built his "death ray" at Wardencliffe on Long Island, and it is a possible that he tested it one night in 1908. The story goes something like this. At the time, Robert Peary was trekking to the North Pole and Tesla asked him to look out for unusual activity. On the evening of 30 June 1908, Tesla aimed his death ray towards the Arctic and turned it on. Tesla then watched the newspapers and sent telegrams to Peary, but heard about nothing unusual in the Arctic.

However, he did hear about the unexplainable event in Tunguska, and was thankful no one was killed, as it was clear to him that his death ray had overshot. He then dismantled his machine, as he felt it was too dangerous to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy theories abound of course. But this one at least I can see why the Feds would clam up, shut him down, and discredit him... TOO DAMN DANGEROUS...

Hmmm.  

Death ray.

Ace Hardware, here I come.
Why not build your own Mikey?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Anyway, this is all very profound. I love reading mysterious stuff that boggles the mind and remains mysterious.

Brian

The whole topic was very interesting, I had heard of the event but didn't know a lot of info. The page was pretty interesting with some good facts. It is crazy that this came out of nowhere and there is little eveidence to really figure out what happened.

I don't know if I buy the death ray idea though, I get the feeling that if it had worked the government would have developed it a long time ago.

Back