Intercooler questions!

01smokes

Registered
Been looking around and even kicking the idea of adding a a2w set up on my turbo busa.
Those of you that have a intercooled set up. Can you tell me what your IAT temps are for a 1/4 mile I mostly run 8th but do run 1/4 at times.
My bike is track only so I'm still even wondering if it would benefit on that short of a distance.

Been looking around and even kicking the idea of adding a a2w set up on my turbo busa.
Those of you that have a intercooled set up. Can you tell me what your IAT temps are for a 1/4 mile I mostly run 8th but do run 1/4 at times.
My bike is track only so I'm still even wondering if it would benefit on that short of a distance.
Short distance or not
A2W intercoolers make the charge colder if done correctly
colder air allows more boost more boost make more HP
More HP=faster

I only have data for Landspeed right now sorry

100% track bike I would ditch the intercooler and weight
And run Meth

That’s the truth. Track bike and only 1/8 mile ditch the intercooler and run methanol. Lighter and you can make more power. I don’t think the prostreet and grudge bikes run intercoolers. On my turbo grudge bike it don’t have a intercooler cause how heavy all that stuff is. And the methanol helps keep it cool and safe. You just need a bigger fuel cell. Dme make a big one for the front rack that’s built to hood enough methanol for the 1/4 mile. Plus you don’t need to run a radiator so you get even more weight savings.

That’s the truth. Track bike and only 1/8 mile ditch the intercooler and run methanol. Lighter and you can make more power. I don’t think the prostreet and grudge bikes run intercoolers. On my turbo grudge bike it don’t have a intercooler cause how heavy all that stuff is. And the methanol helps keep it cool and safe. You just need a bigger fuel cell. Dme make a big one for the front rack that’s built to hood enough methanol for the 1/4 mile. Plus you don’t need to run a radiator so you get even more weight savings.
Ya planning on ditching the radiator and going dry this season. Probably save 10-15 more pounds with that and the single fan that's still on it removed. Can also get the bike about a inch lower in the front without the radiator in place

Back