Who here runs a a2a intercooler?

01smokes

Registered
Anyone here run a a2a intercooler? If so what are your IAT with it and how much power are you putting out? I'm thinking of adding a intercooler to my set up gonna try and keep the stock motor alive as long as I can on race gas.

IMG_20200402_131959_708.jpg

I'm looking into that myself. I'm curious as to how far you can take an electric fuel pump methanol turbo Busa. Could you safely and reliably make a 400 horsepower drag bike? At what point would you need to consider a mechanical pump?

Why go intercooler? Rob has been doing testing with x98 or e98 I don’t remember what one and he’s made over 400 on a stock motor. He just tuned a customers bike at 390 on stock motor using that fuel. Seems like a cheaper and better option to me.

Why go intercooler? Rob has been doing testing with x98 or e98 I don’t remember what one and he’s made over 400 on a stock motor. He just tuned a customers bike at 390 on stock motor using that fuel. Seems like a cheaper and better option to me.
but would you hold that setup WFO for 1.5 miles?

but would you hold that setup WFO for 1.5 miles?

It’s on a drag bike so he would be fine. But for mile and a half I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t do it with a air to air intercooler either. That would heat soak pretty fast. And if it’s not tuned correctly it would melt down. A motorcycle does not have enough frontal area to properly cool a inter cooler down.

Because I'm already at 392hp last time it spun the roller. Might be making a tad over 400 going down the track due to load. Still running strong.
But I have a feeling cooling it down will help it last. I was as far as a know the first to ever run e85/e98 on a turbo bike back in 07 everyone said it wouldn't work back then. Made 330hp on my 06zx14 sold it to a friend and he turned it up and it lasted at 413hp for about a month and back to back mile pulls.

Also my kit would be very easy to add a kit to and probably only be a couple hundred bucks. A complete fuel system will most likely be around 1500-2000 depending on whwha injector you go with.

Anyone here run a a2a intercooler? If so what are your IAT with it and how much power are you putting out? I'm thinking of adding a intercooler to my set up gonna try and keep the stock motor alive as long as I can on race gas.

View attachment 1616416
Beautiful bike sir. You’ve been gone for a few weeks. How was your holiday?

What are your plans for the bike this year? Did you ever put an intercooler on? Also what fuel have you been running and are you running this year?

Back