Insurance ????

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok as most of you know, i've got quite a few bucks tied up in my bike. Does anyone know what insurance companies offer reasonable stated value insurance?

Im not looking to break the bank, but be mostly covered, in the case of a loss!

i just added the price of the paint job into the "custom parts" on my policy and just informed the agent it was for the paint job and to make a note it was for that.

You can get the bike appraised or just tell your insurance company how much you would like to insure it for.
beerchug.gif

You can get the bike appraised or just tell your insurance company how much you would like to insure it for.
beerchug.gif
+1
Also, ask about "GAP" coverage.  Sometimes there are shortcomings on coverage.
This option takes care of that.
I do alot of estimate and work with insurance companies...Insure the bike for the known replacement value(what you can buy a stock same year busa for local to you,get Gap coverage and on the gap get a list of reciepts or items you have installed and put on file...I did a bike awhile back that had full coverage but the policy didn't cover plastics(your saying WTF,i know)but it wasn't known in the clause until a accident happened...Insurance is not cheap for a reason...choose wisely and read the fine print...

Ok here the deal, i found a company that will write any policy, for a stated value! Its not cheap, but with my driving record it doubled my premium. But i dont care im now covered for $20K no questions asked!

Link

I went with...of all places....Geico. Its a little spendy but worth it if I put the bike down or it gets stolen.

Back