Insurance

Thad

Registered
So I made a newbie mistake and didn't get an insurance quote before buying the busa. My last bike was a 2014 cb1000r that I paid $960 a year for, or $80 a month. The same company quoted me almost $4000 a year!! I'm 35, married, no tickets or accidents on my record. What gives?? Who should I use? My wife and I use travelers for our cars but they don't insure motorcycles.

So I made a newbie mistake and didn't get an insurance quote before buying the busa. My last bike was a 2014 cb1000r that I paid $960 a year for, or $80 a month. The same company quoted me almost $4000 a year!! I'm 35, married, no tickets or accidents on my record. What gives?? Who should I use? My wife and I use travelers for our cars but they don't insure motorcycles.

If my insurance would not offer to insure me I would move everything I have.

I use Country Financial. I'm 31 married no tickets in ten years. I just got my renewal $368a year and that's full coverage with a $500 deductible. My cars and homeowners is cheaper than anyone else I have looked at.

This topic comes up often and location seems to be a huge factor.

Ya that's a joke. I pinned 3 separate ins co's against each other. And with a multi vehicle and paperless deal I pay 45$ per month full coverage. 500$ deductable. Am fam ins. Im 38 and married.

I use American Family for my daily driver and my home owner's. I use State Farm for my bikes. No comparison in prices, Am Fam was stupid for the Busas. I've dropped back to liability and comprehensive for about $100 a year.

One thing to keep in mind is how well they take care of you if you need them. On my second tornado State Farm bought me a new bike, minus $500 for miles, adding tax and title charges. Am Fam cut me a check for my garage and house the day after the storm (Memorial Day 2008) and said if it wasn't enough let them know. After my burglary Am Fam bought me new stuff, no depreciation. Both are good companies. I don't shop the second tier companies.

Yea, location has a ton to do with it.
Just get a bunch of quotes. I personally used to use Progressive on other bikes. Allstate gave me the best deal on the Busa. The differances can be silly.
Good luck.
Troy

I had the same issue trying to insure my bike and ended up going with State Farm. They gave me full coverage and $500 deductible for less that $700/year.

i just went through the same thing.. best advise i can tell you is to shop around.. i was quoted around 3900 for the year.. when it was said and done i was able to get insurance for mine for 1680/year full coverage.. good luck man and search around

Talked to my Am Fam agent today.....
She said the reason my rates were so high on the Busa is because Am Fam tacks on a 400 percent penalty to the Policy..... She told me I was welcome to shop around....
Such bullsh*t......

I'm all hooked up with Progressive..
Full coverage with roadside assistance for $48.43 A month......
Now I have more gas money.....

Back