Installing the hump

weeesss

Registered
I don't have the manual as the dealer gave me the wrong one, so bear with me.

I know the grab rail has to be removed but does the seat remain in place under the hump? I had to leave it at the dealer when I picked the bike up 2 weeks ago and want to stop off today and get my hump on.

The hump goes in place of the passenger seat, so leave the seat at home (and ride alone :))

Remember that 2008-2009 does not provide clearance for the grab bar with the hump installed unless you do some modifications. Not sure what year you have.

it's easy to swap out as well. i did mine right there while those dumb asses where scrambling for a battery that was functional. take your new nifty tool bag and start undoing those hex bolts, remove grab rail and replace the hardware back. bring a back pack and throw your grab rail and seat in it and save yourself the trip or hassle getting it back.

On my '06 I just left the grab rail off. It made it real easy to go from hump to seat. I removed it then put two of the bolts back through the tail. On the '08 I haven't removed the rail or seat. Humps stored indoors.

Ooops, my bad, I thougt GenI worked with the grab bars.

See, I learnt something here too. :laugh:

So, that makes it easy, and if the wifey or girlfriend :whistle: wants to ride just pop the hump off and throw the seat on. Forget the grab rail. :laugh:
Not sure why, but I have found the busa simply doesn't respond as well with a passenger as other bikes I've had. It just seems to be made for a single rider.

Back