Installing Clear Alt. Tail Light?

GMKILLER5.0

Registered
Hello,

I am installing a Clear Alternatives Integrated LED tail light, with sequential turn signals. I have a few questions, because to me, the directions are a little unclear:

OK, so it says to plug in the "socket" to the right side bulb socket, then use the left hole to route the 2 yellow wires through. I have a yellow, and a black with yellow stripe. Those appear to be the 2 wires that you have to splice into your factory turn signal wires. You hook the solid yellow into the bikes left turnsignal, and then the black/yellow into the bikes right turnsignal. Seems straight forward to me.
Here is my question?? The kit comes with 2 resistors. They come in a bag, with a half ass sticker on it which shows you how to wire it? It shows hooking the resistor from your bikes turn signal wires (the 2 factory wires you are hooking to the yellow and the yellow/black) then jumping out the other end of the resistor to "Negative Turnsignal Wire From Bike" that makes no sense to me?

One of you guys on here has installed this set up, any guidance would be really awesome!! Also any tips, or if you happen to remember what color wires the left/right signal wires are on the bike, may help my hunting go quicker!!! I appreciate all the help!!

BTW, it's an 05 LE.

Thank You!!!

Last edited:
forget about those two resistors! They'll create heat. do a search for the DOT Flasher Mod. This'll give u stock blinker rate virtually no matter how many LEDs u put on the bike
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, but does the same deal apply considering I am installing the Integrated set up with the Sequential turn signals??

Thanks.

That's really a cool detailed write up, thanks for the link.

Does anyone know if I need to worry about this Mod, considering I am using the Sequential style LED turn signal set up?

Thanks!

That's really a cool detailed write up, thanks for the link.

Does anyone know if I need to worry about this Mod, considering I am using the Sequential style LED turn signal set up?

Thanks!

just hook up the wires and leave out the resistors it just gives you a faster blink rate which i personally like, seems to be a little more visible

I just tried the flasher mod that I posted the link for and the turn signals don't work. The left side will only blink if I put a stock bulb in one of the sockets on the left side and same for the right side. Any ideas or do I need the Load Equalizer from Pashnit?

That thing looks very trick, cheap and very simple to install. Does it do what it claims? It slows down the LED blinking rate?

Thanks!

Correct. Keep in mind the slight variances in products that are all designed to the do the same thing.

Signal Dynamics is well-known in the industry, and the one they have is designed for motorcyclists (vs buying something similar at Radio Shack). Motorcyclists need shock proof, vibration proof, dirt, durability, etc. It's a simple device that simply modulates that incoming current. The outgoing current is simply sent out at a steady rate.

Do you have the sequential turn signals too?

Do the directions you have say how to kill the sequential part?

I sent my board in for warranty because 2 rows of red bulbs were out and they sent me back the sequential thing with no directions and I do not like it.

If not I will definitely call CA Monday

Last edited:
NO, I dont think there is a way to kill the sequential part? I will double check, but i'm about 90% sure there is no way to do it.

^
Thanks for the reply, I will call them tomorrow I guess.
I want the other kind I had previously. This one is just to busy. I asked 3 different neighbors yesterday what they thought and they all said they did not know if I was turning or stopping, using brakes or hazards etc.

I called CA today and they said that they shipped me that one because they were out of the standard light. He said to call next week and if they have them instock he would be happy to swap it out.
So eventually it will be all good. :thumbsup:

Hey GMKILLER5.0, the resistor should connect the two wires coming out from the signal light. So, with one side of the resistor, tap into the positive (yellow) wire as it goes from the signal light to the OEM plug. Then with the other side of the resistor connect it into the ground (brown, black or other) wire. As for the heat, I used heat resistant silicone and attached it to the frame, close to the vent holes on the tail fairing. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I ended up not using those resistors, and I ordered some little box I found on another post for like $20, that was very straight forward to wire (1 ground, 1 color to each side) and it slows the sequential light very nicely. And I don't have any worries about it getting super hot!!

Thanks!!

Back