Installing a TRE

Fredyp33

Registered
I'm thinking about installing a tre to help with the low gear herky jerkyness, but on occasion, I would like to be able to bring the font end up a foot or two and not have to worry about starving the engine from oil or anything else, it this a good idea, or will doing wheelies really hurt the engine? Is there anything else that could go wrong?

Im not sure about the oil pump location of the busa, but the gixxers have to be re-located facing the back of the pan for 'extended'(LONG) wheelies, short ones wont effect the oil pressure. Just make sure if the oil pressure light comes on drop the front end back down. Also some gixxer 600 riders will 'over fill' the pan by about a quart and it will not hurt the bike(im not sure about the busa though) hope this helps.
Cheers
beerchug.gif

A couple of my mechanic friends tell me that the 1000 gsxr starve for oil with the wheel in the air and they have rebuilt alot from that reason. although like it was already stated it is probabally the length of time in the air and what clock position your at... the shop that I am speating of is KIETIC (jim and chad) they are located in Hudson Florida they buid race bikes and chad races them. They are very good..........

Back