Install Acumen Indicator

Enersol

Registered
Hello all,

I am just arriving to the Busa world. I had a TL1000R and a Big Dog Chopper. This 2006 Busa is incredible and thanks for all the great hints and topic so far. Since I am used to twins, this bike is so quiet that I keep wanting to upshift when I feel the RPM's that I bought an Acumen Gear Indicator. It said I did not have to remove the fairings to install the plug in wires to the gauges. Is this true? Also, if anyone has installed one, where did you stick the indicator at? Best place I could find is by the ignition.

Busa.jpg

You don't have to remove the fairings, but it helps give you more room. A lot of folks put the indicator on the dash above the gauges for easy visibility. If you put it there you can remove the inner panels and gauge cluster to get to all the wires (power, ground and tach) you need to hook it up. Have seen some other sleek installs with it in the inner panel, mirror, etc.

Welcome to the board.. Heres mine plug and play did it while I had the front off.. Like Ken said you can do it without taking it off just pull the gauges and dash panels..
beerchug.gif

2000_Busa_012_800x600.jpg

I only had to take top inner dash panels off to get to the cluster and pug in harnes and go. I put mine ontop of the cluster gauge in the center.

Back