Acumen DG8 install question

FJRider

Registered
I'm preparing to install the Acumen DG8 gear indicator on my '05. To make the install go easier I also purchased the Hayabusa quick plug-in cable (from Acumen) that the instructions say connects up to a connector on the rear of the Busa's instruments. To get to behind the Busa's instruments does the entire nose fairing have to be removed (and sides?)? Or is there an easier way to reach this area?

Best thing is to remove the whole fairing because of the small amount of space. There is a hole at the top of the fairing to run your wires through, so don't put it out of the way when you remove it. Good luck.

When I adjust my headlight, I just remove the inners around the cluster and the windscreen (easier access). Then, remove the 2 - 10mm bolts under the gauges and pull them forward from the top. There are two 'pins' that are inserted into grommets on the top, so a little force is necessary to pull the gauges toward the triple tree.

Once you have pulled them forward, you have fairly easy access to the back of the gauges.

omslaw - Thanks for the input. Unfortunately by the time I read your post I had the whole front fairing off. Probably better I did actually. It made it easier to tie-rap the excess cables, tape off the connections, etc.

Well... it's on! It is normal for the indicator to "lag" a second or two before it indicates the gear number?

DB8_500.jpg

Back