Inside top secret pics of new halogen watt lamps

2hip

Registered
These 55 watt halogen lights are the difference between night and day. These were constructed by our own .org guy who's handle is "ogre". Matthew is now at helicopter school in the US Army..I believe on the East coast...
there is some serious luminesence. Here is my question...my lights are pointing a little low and a little left...does anyone have any experience with which bolt does what..and which way to go up-down..or left-right? any help appreciated...

bike halogen-nacelle 08-30-10 001.jpg

bike halogen-nacelle 08-30-10 002.jpg

bike halogen-nacelle 08-30-10 003.jpg

Ok. What I've done is have my lights shine on the inside of my garage door with masking tape showing where the light horizontal and vertical points are at, then leave the tape alone and adjust the lights up and down/vertical and right and left/horizontal as needed.

In your pic, I added a #1 in black on the adjuster bolt that is your up and down (vertcial) adjuster.

#2 in red is your left and right (horizontal) adjuster.

After you use the tape and mark where your lights are now on the garage door just turn each to the new point that you want.

***Iam going by memory so I am pretty sure I marked them correctly, someone can confirm the above is right. :thumbsup:

Take note- Both high and low beam move in sequence together as you adjust them.

That should get you on track......Anthony (TRALL)

LIGHTBUSA.jpg

Last edited:
it's actually a dual bixenon 55w retrofit. a beautiful piece of reverse redneck engineering if you ask me. i'm just waiting for output shots, i finished that damn light like, 6 months ago :laugh:

"use" guys always busting my chops:rofl::rofl: Got the bike back together for Laguna Seca and then tore it all apart again to get the Sistine art work done.....Saiid...man I wish u lived close by...u crack me up...always...I think your new animated feature best describes your actual state of mind....half gone and the other half blowin in the wind....:laugh:

Back