Injury update from catalunya

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
This is from the bad crash in Spain.  Turn 1 Lap1

As reported by MotoGP.com

Gibernau will undergo surgery for a fractured left collar bone.  A larger metal plate will replace the current metal plate on his collar bone from a previous injury.  He also suffered a concussion and his ambulance was involved in an accident on the way to the hospital, no injuries resulted from the ambulance's accident.

Melandri suffered a concussion, encephalic injury, cervical contusion, and a paracervical hematoma.  He also suffered numerous other contusions and injuries that were far less serious.

Capirossi suffered an abdominal contusion on his left side, pectoral hematoma, and other less serious contusions.

Gibernau is the only rider that will definitely not race this weekend.  Melandri and Capirossi will undergo additional tests to determine if they can race next weekend.[/QUOTE]

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150753878 -->

I was not able to watch the first part of the race, so I set the DVR for Tuesday to record the repeat...must of been one heck of a crash...And Congrats to John Hopkins for putting the Suzuki in the top 5....Hey SUZUKI...WTF...Its a frickin joke your factory riders are scared to death of your bikes because you cant figgure out how to deal with the frickin gremlins...Fix the darn issues, and give riders like Hopkins a chance to compete! Anyhow Johnny, good on ya for placing N0#4...too bad the only reason it happened is because half of the field had to crash out to put the Suzuki there!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Pretty sad, but it's amazing that these guys race on the extreme edge, and you rarely see anything happen like this. Makes you appreciate how talented these guys really are.

The crash was like
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
 , I taped the collision, but still couldn't tell why he fliped. I know they said his front brake locked in the other Ducs rear wheel
rock.gif
! But how do you do that and get past the swing arm
rock.gif
? Anyway, it looked to me that at the time of the impact, Sete locked the front brake and over he went ! Glad there were no fatal injurys, because it really looked like a bad one
sad.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

rock.gif

The crash was like
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
 , I taped the collision, but still couldn't tell why he fliped. I know they said his front brake locked in the other Ducs rear wheel
rock.gif
! But how do you do that and get past the swing arm
rock.gif
? Anyway, it looked to me that at the time of the impact, Sete locked the front brake and over he went ! Glad there were no fatal injurys, because it really looked like a bad one
sad.gif
I think Gibernau's brake lever got caught with the contact with Capirossi.  Pull that lever all the way with carbon brakes and that's all she wrote.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150760804 -->

wow.gif

wow.gif

rock.gif

Capirossi is confirmed to race this weekend in Holland.

Melandri is doubtful to race, but no decision made yet.

A. Hofmann will ride Gibernau's ride until Gibernau can return.  Ivan Silva, races for the same team but in the Spanish Championship as an extreme rider, will take Hofmann's old ride.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150820999 -->

Missed the start of the race Sunday and didn't get to see the repeat tues. Can anyone post a video link for the turn one crash?

I saw a similar crash a couple years back. Basically the guys brake lever makes contact with a braking rider in front. When running racing slicks and Carbon Brakes, this is what happens up N over you go... Has to hurt a whole lot. I'd swear the last time I saw this it was Kenny Roberts Junior...

Missed the start of the race Sunday and didn't get to see the repeat tues. Can anyone post a video link for the turn one crash?
Unfortunately, MotoGP.com has really upgraded its anit-pirating software.

I haven't been able to rip/copy a video off of them this year  
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150856899 -->

That crash was nasty! He layed there in the sand like he was dead! SCARY CRASH!!

Back