INFO please?????

jboogey84

Registered

ques?: on 06 BUSA with 12k miles that will only crank is when its got the battery charger pluged into the battery ,but the battery is recently new and will only push start now cause when its off the charger just for 1 second it will wont start,u get straight up nothing
WHAT CAN THIS BE?

Some batteries are bad form the factor i had this happen once to me. Try another not sa8ing thats the case but worth a try.

I also own an 06 with 9500 miles and had a battery issue also. I had it hooked up to the batt charger and it would crank over like crazy but would not start. I was very puzzled thought that I fouled out the plugs. Called the dealer and asked him if the battery was under and he just laughed and told me that over half of the new busas on the showroom floor have dead batts. I was like
wtf.gif
anyhow he was nice enough to tell me that all I had to do was get a new batt and he was right. Bought a new one with more cranking amps+a batt tender from batteries plus for aroumd a 100.00 problem solved.
beerchug.gif

Sounds like the batter connections are either loose or corroded. Double check to make sure they are sitting tight and are clean.

Thats why they make this

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4322146

I just hooked up a digital volt meter because i was haveing the same issues,even after changeing the battery,if it sat for a week it wouldnt crank over,now i can see what exactly is going on,i have alot of things hooked up now..LED's,Air pump,Nos Purge,a bunch of switches..it starts up no problam over 14amps,when it drops below 10amps she wont start at all.im going with the 24v setup and now that the extra battery cn be charged while running the bike via a switch,I should never have a problem..lets hope!!

I had problems starting my 06 too,last spring. After putting a Battery Tender on it FULL TIME, I never had a stitch of trouble. Cheap and easy fix.I keep the bike hooked up to it year round.

i had a car that did the exact same thing. it had a bad ground wire off the battery. it will start with the charger because it gets the ground from the charger. once the charger is unhooked so is the ground. hope this helps

Back