Indy Moto GP anyone?

TWT racer

Registered
Curious if any of our fine Orgster folks are planning on going to the 2011 Moto GP in Indianapolis, coming up end of August
Posted via Mobile Device

One of my friends had been talking about it.
He usually plans trips like this and I just go along with it. :laugh:

What are you planning?

Awesome Gregor, myself and 3 Buddies are planning on it. Stay tuned if you Guys go
I should get there thursday night
Posted via Mobile Device

Not this year. Planning on going next year though. First season of the 1000s and claimer team bikes.
I rode the Busa there for the first year (the "hurricane race"). Quite an experience if you've not been. Turning onto the street (16th street if I remember right) by the speedway and hearing the bikes doing the first Friday morning warm up. A sound that is not soon forgotten.
You all have fun, maybe I'll catch you in 2012.:thumbsup:

95% sure on sunday. Not sure on times and whos coming with me.

Anyone else going to ride from Columbus to Indy on sunday by chance? :please:
That would be cool.
Also, I've never been...okay to ride and park the bikes there or no? ???

Not this year. Planning on going next year though. First season of the 1000s and claimer team bikes.
I rode the Busa there for the first year (the "hurricane race"). Quite an experience if you've not been. Turning onto the street (16th street if I remember right) by the speedway and hearing the bikes doing the first Friday morning warm up. A sound that is not soon forgotten.
You all have fun, maybe I'll catch you in 2012.:thumbsup:

I was there that year too. It was crazy, but a ton of fun. Going again this year, NW vista. Started with 4 but I've already had 2 back out, so we're going to try and put both our bikes in the bed of the truck and forego the trailer this time. We will see if it works.

95% sure on sunday. Not sure on times and whos coming with me.

Anyone else going to ride from Columbus to Indy on sunday by chance? :please:
That would be cool.
Also, I've never been...okay to ride and park the bikes there or no? ???

I went the first year and we were able to park the bikes on the infield, doing it again this year, but that was included in our ticket. Outside of IMS, there are lots of places to park and they all seemed ok, but park at your own risk sort of places. Can't imagine anyone would mess with the bikes, but you never know.

I'm looking forward to riding in the parade lap.

I think you can park on the back straight for free and they even have a gear check. Call ims and ask first though before you take my work on that

It has crossed my mind several times...I'd love to make the trip to Indy, just have to check out my test schedule at school in a couple of weeks.

does anyone find time to make money with all this play time? lol

I think you can park on the back straight for free and they even have a gear check. Call ims and ask first though before you take my work on that

Unless they've changed it, they park you on the back stretch. That was another really cool thing, bikes 4 rows deep aalll down the Indy back stretch. Walk down the rows and you'll see every type and kind of bike imaginable. Strange though, the year I went, I seen more vintage 2 stroke street bikes parked there than I did Hayabusas.
The gear check is after you go through the gate into the infield.
Walk across the golf course, up over the back part of the road course (stood on the cross walk and watched CE2 go barreling by under me), then on through the midway, then depending on where your setting, off to your seats. The place is BIG.

well as of this morning looks like there will be 6 of us riding out, including my Bro it seems

looking forward to it

Well one of my usual riding buddies cant go.
The other is going and invited his 2 other "riding" friends. :banghead:
The drama queen and his puppet...:banghead:
Let me just say, if I have a problem with a group ride, I'm not gonna pout and ride half the speed limit expecting the group to read my mind about the "cute" little country store or whatever was "interesting" that I wanted to stop at....I'm not sure if I'm just not gonna go now or take off and leave them when they start their BS...

Yup, my buddy has a 1988 Ducati Paso.. No way it would make it from NY.

:laugh:

Karen and I are going! She wanted to go so bad she got the tickets and said I get the rooms! Done deal!

Back