In my garages is...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I got my bike (finally) this morning... I'll post pictures and give my thoughts about it after I peel that F-in' sticker off the gas tank! It's not easy to get off! It also pisses me off that the dealer stuck a sticker on the front of the windshield near the nose and it's got gluey crap on it after I peeled it off! So after I rid the bike of the stickers and glue, I'll get to shooting some photos to post... and then snap more to post! If it quits raining I'll take it on the driveway later to get some better "views".

P

Glad it finally made it into the garage! 3M adhesive remover should help you get rid of that glue.

congrats
cool.gif

Here are some photos to get things started... I'll get better ones done (maybe tonight if the rain stops). It's pretty dark in my garage and the flash tags everything in a bad way. I'll make a post later about my first impressions of the bike, and as I said, I'll hopefully be able to take some better pictures out on the driveway in some light (even though it's dark outside). I need to go get some 3M stuff tomorrow to get rid of all the glue, so thanks for that tip!

Until the next post....

P9192812a(1).jpg

P9192812a(2).jpg

P9192812a(4).jpg

P9192812a.jpg

P9192812a(3).jpg

And blah! I hate that I made a typo and put garageS instead of garage in my topic line...

Forgot... about... RUBBING ALCOHOL! It worked! It got all the glue off the tank (but i need to do a final run-over to make it perfect) and it took all the glue off the windshield/screen. Saved me a trip to the store.

The rain stopped, so going to go outside to see if I can get some better photos... at least for tonight, because I'm a photo posting #####... and I'll make another post about my bike and first ride, etc.

I would just use some goo-Gone on the adhesive. It's pretty gentle.

HJC will work just fine. I would never spend more than $300.00 on a helmet that is basically a use-and-throw item. The more expensive ones dont offer any more protection than the basic ones.

HJC is just more noisy than the Shoei and Arai etc. Use earplugs when you ride.

I am SO HAPPY you have your Busa. Now get to know the bike really well and try your best to avoid becoming a statistic. Have fun...she will AMAZE you in a straight line.

Make sure you inform your girlfriends of their new status - second in line
smile.gif

WOOT!
biggrin.gif

HJC ain't gonna cut it on a busa.
Whats wrong with HJC?
I dont like the way they fit, but dont they rate?
They just got banned from the track @ Loudon I believe. Guess they had a couple come apart in crashes? Not sure on the exact reason, Just heard it last wkend when I was there. I'll check on it this wk.

PaN: nice ride, I know how you feel about the gear thing but we're still going to try to change that mind set of yours. I've worked in fire/ems going on 20yrs. I've seen too many bad ones where gear could've saved a lot of pain and perhaps their lives. When the other guy gets you it won't be your fault and their may not be a thing you can do about it. BE PREPARED, wear the gear.

<!--EDIT|fasttoys1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151203739 -->

HJC ain't gonna cut it on a busa.
Well... it's gonna have to "cut" it! LOL! Yes, the helmet seemed a little loud w/ the visor down, but I don't care... I like how it looks. It's not shiny. I still don't know what the covering/outer shell is made of... feels like rubber in a way... dunno. I prefer to ride with my visor up... yeah it leaves room for bugs to hit my eyes, but I just like it that way. But... on the interstate this morning, I had to put that visor DOWN! Ah, later tonight I'll talk about me riding this "beast"!

Thank you's go out to everyone for your congrats! It feels f)_kin' incredible to finally HAVE this bike! Yes, I've got better "night" photos and I'll post them along with my "review" of the Busa.... give me some time... just cracked open my first beer now!

Just my 2 cents, I have a HJC helmet and my biggest complaint is the visor likes to open when I turn my head to the side at any speed over 60mph or so. It doesnt look like the one you have but it may still do it. Congrats on the new toy, it looks great.

I hope you wear glasses or something. 1st if you get an object in the eye(directly) cruising along your body tenders to close both eyes 4 protection, ie you can't see. 2nd it does take very much to cause serious eye damage, maybe perm. And the shield coming up does seem to be a common complaint with the HJCs lately. Buy a good lid.

I will be wearing sunglasses under the shell when I ride... and that's why I also like riding with the visor UP, UP, and away...... I want that wind!!!

Back