in for a tune - up

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
taking my bike in for general everything. what am I missing?

- tune engine: low on power, and wavers while just cruising
- adjust cam chain tensioner
- raise idle to about 1300 on TACH [I know it's wrong but i like it there]
- fix front noise buzzing rattle
- tighten clip on on fork [long story]
- bleed brakes and replace pads if needed
- replace coolant if needed
- replace cush drive with tougher ones
- adjust slacky throttle on off gap
- lubricate everything
- install, high speed balance new tires [no tire shine this time please!]
- tighten everything, replace any missing bolts and plastic rivets
- clean K&N air filter or replace with better
- change oil filter to silkolene
- clean off and lube chain, adjust

anything else I'm not thinking of? I got about 35,000 on it. the tranny and rings have already been replaced at about 30k or so

"Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? "
teacher1.jpg

I leave in 1 hour!

30K miles is a full service. Oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, adjust valves, flush & replace coolant, lube & adjust chain, throttle body sync, etc. If it's still the original fluid from '03, I'd consider flushing and replacing the brake and clutch fluid as well.

Greg Smith (Smithabusa) has heavy duty cush drive rubbers.

Cam chain tensioner is hydraulic and self-adjusting unless you have an aftermarket manual one like APE's.

yes have the after market APE. all the other stuff was done at 30k. and they replaced the break clutch fluids. I took it in and they did find the heavy duty cush so I am looking forward to that. I'll remind them about the throttle body sync. thanks for you input LE05

where do you take it for that?  struthers, or cycle clinic?
Struthers. I'm one of their good money clients. I pay too much, they do a good job and treat me like freaking royalty. I'm very particular too and they put up with that. It's been good and bad with them, but mostly good.

Is CYCLE CLINIC good with Busa's? They seem to be all about BMW tourers and cruisers. Great place and excellent service, just not so much Suzuki pros ya know?

There's a Suzuki place in Winterset I want to ride down and check out someday when they are open

i wouldn't know about how well they are with busa's yet. I have only been there for tyres, and a chain replacement. They are really nice guys, They took me aside and showed me how to set the masterlink, how to check the oil, how to tighten the chain. Even though it would ultimately take a few pennies out of their pockets, they have earned my respect and loyalty. All major stuff I am going to do myself.

I'm not mechanically inclined

Yes! I've been to Cycle Clinic for tires before... great bunch, great tires install prices... they are probably great mechanics too... just don't want to try without knowing if they have lots of Busa experience. Why don't you break them in for me
smile.gif

Back