Important Question: Overheating

Youkai

Registered
Alright guys, I have a overheating problem.  It only occurs during full redline boost runs, if I boost under 9K rpms - no problems.  Basically the coolant will poor into the reservior and seep out the overflow tube, sometimes it will boil.  There is no sweet smell or white smoke coming from the exhaust.  Boost never exceeds 7lbs and the fuel pressure is perfect.

Now, I have been searching forums and the entire internet for my problem and everything leads to blown head gasket.  I got a great tune recently that made 248hp & 129torque (sheet in dyno forum).  It did the overheating before I got the tune and continues after. I thought it was due to the crappy tune otherwise I wouldn't run the bike.  Do blown head gaskets still put out good power?  I was going to do a leakdown test, but I read that this doesn't always show a blown gasket.

I really need your help, any input is appreciated.

Also, how hard is it to replace a head gasket yourself?

sounds like your head is lifting at high cylinder pressures???

are you running studs? or stock bolts?
are you running oem head gasket or cometic? (i prefer cometic)

what torque are your studs/or bolts?

yah id say possobile head gasket .. Change it and i would deffintly get the cometic and aftermarket studs... If your not seeing any fluid loss on the ground and its not coming out of the exhaust its gotta be going somewhere.

yes your head is lifting
swap to ape promod drop in studs and nuts
with a cometic head gasket and youll see a big difference ;)

Make sure you check the surface of the deck of the head and deck of the cylinder when you pull it apart. Any warpage at all will make it pop head gaskets.....may not have been warped before, but it probably is now. Any machine shop can check this for you and clean it up some if its off.

Back