bubbles in my overflow tank from radiator

pykonjohn

Registered
the bike doesn't have bubbles in tank until after warming up then even without boost idleing it makes bubbles in take and heat rises even after installing second fan. HELP!!!!!!!! its an o1 making 7 lb. of boost but it makes bubbles without boost. could it be thermostat or water pump or just a blown head gasket no water in oil. blows out water as the engine heats up i'm thinking its the thermostat or water pump not headgasket. any help appreciated.

I'd check the thermostat and pump but..... if its making bubbles........... I don't know.......... I'd think turbo first

Usually if pushing water back into over flow it's a sign gasket is starting to seep, just not enough to flow water into oil....You can try burping system, a leak down will be best option.

after the tank starts getting bubbles it continues to have bubbles working even with the motor off for quite a while even when never driven just idleing until going above normal running temp.

that my friend sounds like a head gasket, have you recently changed the fluid, or done any work on the cooling system by chance?

Your last resort would be to check the radiator cap for crud between the rubber gasket and neck of the radiator . . . after that, bubbling when the engine is not running is a faulty head gasket. If the engine does not have studs, and you have to replace the gasket, put good studs in and be done with it . . .:whistle:

well there isn't garbage between radiator cam and seal so i assume its the head gasket Its never been changed 29000 miles i guess its time. just hope ing it was thermostat being it never happens until motor is hot even ideling

It also could be a cracked head, or warped head!

It will be a head gasket,
you don't usually get oil and water mixing as the oil gallerys are much further out but the water gallerys ring the combustion chamber , so any combustion leak goes straight into the water

fix it sooner rather than later

seems like getting hot inbetweem center cylinders and causing water coolant to boil thats all i can figure except for headgasket. just that continuing to boil even when engine is off has me stumped as with compression seepage you have to have compressiion to leak. stumper

Boiling after shutoff is because your water jacket is only partially filled with water and has airgaps, giving you hot spots , the very reason you need to do something before you cause further problems

I chased a bunch of strange coolant problems for 6 months, changed thermostat, oil cooler, rebuilt water pump. Only to find out later the head gasket was leaking pressure into the coolant journals and over pressuring the coolant system.

Triple digit speeds wreaked havoc on my bike, blew off a radiator hose, blew up an oil cooler, lost tons of coolant. It seemed every time I rode it I had some sort of strange coolant problem. The final straw was loosing the bottom coolant hose at 150 after passing a cop doing a wheelie. Bike got to 260+ degrees before I noticed. Parked it in a corn field and jumped on the back of my buddies bike and continued to ride away from where we were.

image-2502213740.jpg

Picked the bike up an hour later, ripped the motor out, bought a doctor dug head gasket, and haven't had a problem since.

Moral of the story....... It's your head gasket

image-2502213740.jpg

I chased a bunch of strange coolant problems for 6 months, changed thermostat, oil cooler, rebuilt water pump. Only to find out later the head gasket was leaking pressure into the coolant journals and over pressuring the coolant system.

Triple digit speeds wreaked havoc on my bike, blew off a radiator hose, blew up an oil cooler, lost tons of coolant. It seemed every time I rode it I had some sort of strange coolant problem. The final straw was loosing the bottom coolant hose at 150 after passing a cop doing a wheelie. Bike got to 260+ degrees before I noticed. Parked it in a corn field and jumped on the back of my buddies bike and continued to ride away from where we were.

View attachment 259275

Picked the bike up an hour later, ripped the motor out, bought a doctor dug head gasket, and haven't had a problem since.

Moral of the story....... It's your head gasket

This is why I read threads when Im sure I wont be much help, ya never know what what easter eggs you'll find.:thumbsup:

I did all the usual checks on my 06 as I would hate to change the head gasket and then find it was a dodgy hose or rad cap but it sounds exactly like my head gasket issue

I did all the usual checks on my 06 as I would hate to change the head gasket and then find it was a dodgy hose or rad cap but it sounds exactly like my head gasket issue

<a href="
Link</a>

Btw did high pressure radiator cap at the spring bash. Im tellin ya do this sooner then later, if I didn't have a back up bike I would have been down a few weeks. Total cost after buying the head gasket and paying a good friend/ mechanic it cost me $190.

I did remove an reinstall the motor myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of gasket is the doctordug ?
not sure a guy doing this for the first time should be experimenting with a virtually unknown product

get a .030 cometic gasket, and head studs if you want to stick to low boost

for additional safety on a stock motor think about a 1mm or .040 cylinder spacer (4 base gaskets will do to)

if your thinking about turning the boost up , put a 2mm or .080 spacer in (this would require retiming of the cams )

What sort of gasket is the doctordug ?
not sure a guy doing this for the first time should be experimenting with a virtually unknown product

get a .030 cometic gasket, and head studs if you want to stick to low boost

for additional safety on a stock motor think about a 1mm or .040 cylinder spacer (4 base gaskets will do to)

if your thinking about turning the boost up , put a 2mm or .080 spacer in (this would require retiming of the cams )

Doctor dug makes head gaskets for AMA race teams. He makes gaskets in many different thicknesses.

So cause you have never heard of him he's virtually unknown?

Not in the turbo world where heat, pressure and the possibility of detonation will be much higher than circuit racing

His product could be better than currently available , but with no information ????

Back