Coolant overflow tank

_01

Registered
i recently installed a RCC electric water pump and gutted the thermostat. I believe i properly burped the system. Now when the bike is running the overflow tank will slowly fill until it is about 75% full. I saw the needle rise to just under the red but never actually got there. Fan kicks on at about the halfway mark. I tried doing some research and saw some threads about head gasket issues. The thing is there are no bubbles at the overflow tank. It doesn't smell like exhaust in there. No white smoke. No issues starting. Oil looks fine and coolant looks fine color wise. All the fluid does make its way back into the radiator once the bike cools. Could this be caused by the gutted thermostat or should i look into the radiator cap?

Hey Rob Boosted Cycle Perf Frank POWERHOUSE , John Gixerhp. PM these guys brother

i will as soon as its sorted out. im just hoping its not a head issue. i wouldnt know where to start. just replace gasket or build up from there?

Crack in the head will do that , Had it happen to me same exact problem , tank would fill up and some would come out , nothing in exhaust or oil , Hairline crack in head

Crack in the head will do that , Had it happen to me same exact problem , tank would fill up and some would come out , nothing in exhaust or oil , Hairline crack in head

well that would blow. :banghead: i hope thats not the issue.

Could not find it for shi- tried new cap ,burped lines, checked water pump , Carpenter Racing gutted the thermostat when motor was done so no on that , Took it to Steve K. He found the crack . With that crack it would send pressure into the system. But still check the cap first cheep part:please: ,but for me after doing all the small stuff and all the things you checked CRACK:banghead:

i hope its something small. i did order a cap. just waiting on it to ship. so is a cracked head something that gets replaced or can that be fixed?

Back