I'm impressed

Revvv

Registered
I had a bit of slop and play in my sprocket this past Saturday when BusaSamurai and I rode out to Deal's. I didn't let it bother me. It really wasn't that much. Maybe a 1\16 of an inch.
Before the trip I tightened and lubed the chain and thought I would be good to go.

Thoughout most of the short, sharp corners I kept feeling the bike jump and lunge forward a bit. Once I had a signal on the phone I called my local Stealership and had them get a set of Cush Drives in.

I'm simply impressed at the improvement their replacement made. Looking at the old chunks of rubber I would have never guessed them to be bad.

The thing that impressed me most was the addition of a set of Pilot Powers. I always toss these tires up as being the best. They have always served me well on every bike I have ridden. This is the first set of tires I have needed on the Busa (Thanks to the Dragon
biggrin.gif
). The Pilot Powers make the Hayabusa handle like a different animal. It turns in without effort now. The rear scared me at first because it felt like it was being shot out of a cannon in my first corner after the install.

OK - I've bragged enough.

I've been noticing that on mine. I've got 10k hard miles and they seem to be getting worse fast - after reading what Revv said I'm ordering new cush drives today.

How can you tell there going bad ? I'm a IDIOT when it comes to anything mechanical !!!!!!!

you guys know your stuff !! should I be runing a synthetic oil ?

(kennym4 @ May 03 2007,10:14) How can you tell there going bad ?    I'm a IDIOT when it comes to anything mechanical !!!!!!!

you guys know your stuff !! should I be runing a synthetic oil ?
You know the Cush Drives are going bad when you begin to have play in the sprocket.

Yep - easiest test is to grab your sprocket and try to turn it with the bike in the ground... if it moves they need to go!

Back