I'm going to miss the Ball again this year

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay,
So I had he11 trying to get a babysitter for the Ball this year, since Christopher is diabetic, we can't leave him with just anyone. So, we find out at the last minute that our regular sitter is available, but I have to pay her per hour plus food and hotel room - expensive, but doable. I buy my tickets (on the last day that they are available) and make my hotel reservations. We also plan a small cake ceremony at work (Blue Deltas) and reading the msg on the 10th. So, the ADA calls my wife and I, and asks us to participate in a volunteer leadership conference in Chicago. Plane and hotel are paid for - but travel is on the 10th, conference on the 11th-13th.
This conference is a once a year event, and I shouldn't be dissapointed about missing the ball again this year (last year was only a couple of days after my youngest was born), but I am. Oh well, this won't mean anything to a lot of you, I just thought I would vent.

Disappointing to miss the Ball I'm sure, but its a pretty good thing you are going to do as a replacement. Can't feel too bad about it.

sad.gif
S
sad.gif
O
sad.gif
R
sad.gif
R
sad.gif
Y
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129087028 -->

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

I will send you picks of me and SGTMAJ Overstreet doing an upside down keg-stand.
biggrin.gif
SgtMaj Overstreet was the Regimetal SgtMaj while I was at Boot Camp (read: NOT Parris Island!  
tounge.gif
) and he told me that I would be a worthless Marine and not amount to anything because I didn't know my own limits and that was going to get people killed.  I was a faceless recruit to him, one of several thousand (at that time) but as a Private, to hear that from any SNCO, let alone the Regimental SgtMaj was crushing.

Two weeks later, I was sent to his office again, this time so that he could congratulate me on being the Kilo Company Honorman.....didn't remember me from Adam (again, a nameless, faceless recruit)...sort of wierd.  Kind of neat that he went on to be the SgtMajMC though, I guess I can say that I had my @$$ handed to me by the best!

I wonder if he still has any coins......

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "spealing...."|1129091117 -->

Sorry you're missing the ball! I'm out and haven't gone in 9 years give or take. Really miss the bubbas!

SgtMaj Overstreet was the Regimental SgtMaj when I went through too. I've poured a few rounds back with him in the past. Great guy and quite a character once he's "loosened up".

Semper Fi

I will toast a frosty one to you since you can't be there MC. Have fun on your trip and there is always next year. Semper Fi!!

Hey Pappy I'll send pic's from ours so you get the warm fuzzy. I was Kilo 3085 1987.
lmini001.gif

2 more balls and then it's the 1st civ div for me.

Back