flying to CA next week,  what's to do?

bone

Registered
my wife has a conference and i'm tagging along to simi valley/thousand oaks area. she'll be at work till 3pm for a couple of days so i'm free to do whatever is available till she's off. we'll have one day when she's off to do something all day together. other than the beach is there anything interesting to see thats not 100 miles away. i'm in texas so this will probably my first and last time to go there so i'm seeing if anybody has been there and can help me out. i'd hate to just stay in the hotel and drink all day.

bone

Rent a bike and go exploring. Ride the PCH from Santa Monica up to Malibu and then take a drive on Muhlholland(spelling). Have to visit a place called the Rock Store. Google it. You have to rent a bike for at least one day while you are there. You can even try lane splitting...
thumb_up.gif

Simi is like 40 minutes from the coast...

Let's see, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Air Force One fuselage are there. That should take you either 30 seconds or 300 years to get through.

Generally speaking, there isn't all that much that Simi can be credited for except it's inhabitants.

I recommend sleeping in and waiting 'til the wife gets done work then heading to the coast for some relaxation or into one of LA's eclectic neighborhoods.

Do you golf? Simi has some golf courses.

If you were closer to SD, Double D, Lamb and I would certainly throw something together for you.

Good luck and enjoy what you can!

Take Shanling's advice.

Take a bike and go to Neptune's in Malibu for a meal. Then, go to Hollywood and find a place for a drink or just stick to the beaches and piers.

go to the beach or ride some twisties if you have access to a sport bike.

Back