I'm going to Florida to kick some a$$!!!

if someone gets in my house in the middle of the night im shooting first then my lawyer can sort the rest out.his a$$ shouldnt have been trying to rob me to start with.

Sounds like a nightmare for LEO's and a field day for Lawyers ... definitely has some scary implications ... shucks I can see a "big bad" biker getting killed because a "scared" pedestrian felt threaten of being run over by the bike
rock.gif
?

Like someone else said ... it's gonna' be like the "wild wild west" in that State.
Exactly what I was thinking sage. Most people don't think rationally enough to be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. I just pray that this doesn't become widespread because too often people feel threatened by people for other reasons other than an act they commit. Let's face it. A black man with the stature that I have (I'm 6'5" and weigh 270lbs, and wear an earring...)... to some that may be considered a thug or a drug dealer. I don't wear flashy jewelry, but the suit I was born in and the temperment of some people can make this a deadly combination. Laws like this can lead to civil unrest. Ain't it funny how those people who have a vested interest like the NRA and the gun manufactures are all for it?
rock.gif
So what if it causes a lot of civil unrest.

rock.gif

It's funny how someone puts a bill out there regarding the ability for someone to defends ones-self and it automatically turns into a gun thing... Some "soccer mom" or oposer of this bill figured, hey lets see where the NRA stands on this and use it in our favor... How bout we just look at this in a self respect light? I dunno, politicians all suck, anyhow and this appears to be another why to turn the tables against the other politicians using a Nationally known classic arguement.
Personnally, it's not up to me to care ah'less what happens in FL... although, I realize now that I could have gone to jail for beating the #### outtah the dirtbag bum at the Wal-mart in Wellington for trying to go in my pocket!

Check out Virginia....supposidly it's been the Wild WIld West for sometime now...
then goto DC...

hahahhaaa now thats clissic --> #### guess we have minors reading everything on the board....

It does seem some are taking this out of context. All it says from the way I am reading it is if someone tries to punch you in the face you can protect yourself by punching back (nowhere does it say in there if a 6 foot 270 Lbs guy scare you you can gun him down or does it say a loud ass bike looks like it is heading your way you can hop into your grocery getter and take him out) Also it says equal force which I assumed I could already use to defend myself if someone reaches in to take a swing at me I would swing back regardless of what is happening. I am not a violent person but I would like to know if a guy is pissed at me for cutting him off in traffic and runs up to me at a stop light and picks a fight hitting me etc that I could defend myself by woopin his ass and not have the fear of being prosecuted. Also if a guy pulls a gun on most people and you have a gun well I say shoot him I amsorry if that offends some people but if you (accidentally) shot me or hurt my daughter even if you didnt mean it you pointed a gun at me with the threat of deasly force. Do that to a cop and they have permission to take you out. I live up in the sticks where you dont really hear about stuff like this so hopefully it would never be an issue. Besides dont you klnow us rednecks have big huntin riflez we cun shot a dear at 250 yards runnin (LOL)

It does seem some are taking this out of context. All it says from the way I am reading it is if someone tries to punch you in the face you can protect yourself by punching back (nowhere does it say in there if a 6 foot 270 Lbs guy scare you you can gun him down or does it say a loud ass bike looks like it is heading your way you can hop into your grocery getter and take him out) Also it says equal force which I assumed I could already use to defend myself if someone reaches in to take a swing at me I would swing back regardless of what is happening. I am not a violent person but I would like to know if a guy is pissed at me for cutting him off in traffic and runs up to me at a stop light and picks a fight hitting me etc that I could defend myself by woopin his ass and not have the fear of being prosecuted. Also if a guy pulls a gun on most people and you have a gun well I say shoot him I amsorry if that offends some people but if you (accidentally) shot me or hurt my daughter even if you didnt mean it you pointed a gun at me with the threat of deasly force. Do that to a cop and they have permission to take you out. I live up in the sticks where you dont really hear about stuff like this so hopefully it would never be an issue. Besides dont you klnow us rednecks have big huntin riflez we cun shot a dear at 250 yards runnin (LOL)
But you're not understanding where I'm coming from. To some people, just that type of appearance looks somehow menacing. If you can't walk a mile in my shoes, then please don't downplay what I'm trying to say. Recognize that I first opened my post with some people who are not rational enough to carry a concealed weapon to defend themselves if need be. The law basically leaves it up to the individual whether they feel threatened or not. I get stares and looks just because of my stature, and given the right (or wrong for that matter) circumstance, I may seen as a threat to someone.

Interesting... REal problem is that Concealed carry doesn't do #### to prevent crime. Not ONE SINGLE crime has been avoided because of a concealed weapon. BUT, there are alot of "Gun Tough" undertrained freaking nutjobs out there who seem to think that their concealed weapon=toughguy.

I see it up here as well. Washingtons concealed carry is easier and faster to get hold of than Florida, and for the most part I support the concealed carry permit issuance. BUT I would rather see open carry as the rule. You want crimes PREVENTED? Issue OPEN CARRY... Hell, no one mugs a guy with a revolver on his hip... Besides, it would be a great excuse to spend a little money and tune and customize your carry weapon...

Make it all purty.

Anyhoo this legislation is kind of dumb, but also kind of common sense. I mean hell I don't need a law to allow me to shoot back when being shot at.
smile.gif
Yeah, then you could show off that beautiful SIG you have. I love that thing!
drooling3.gif

Sounds like a nightmare for LEO's and a field day for Lawyers ... definitely has some scary implications ... shucks I can see a "big bad" biker getting killed because a "scared" pedestrian felt threaten of being run over by the bike
rock.gif
?

Like someone else said ... it's gonna' be like the "wild wild west" in that State.
My thoughts exactly.

I know that when I applied for my carry license, one of the things drilled into me was the consequenses of pulling a gun. Maybe they've changed things, but I don't think they give these things to just anyone, my point is, this new law is not going to make it more likely that I use my gun, but it will make it more likely that if I do have to use it, I'm not made the criminal by some stupid loophole in the law.

Kevin

Back