I'm contenplating getting into guitar again

TruWrecks

Banned
I played an acoustic guitar for a couple of years in the past. It's been over 20 years ago. I recently got Guitar Hero for my PS3 and it really got me thinking about playing a real guitar again. I have been looking at the Yamaha RGX A2. I want a good guitar that is light weight and sounds good. I will be mostly playing with headphones on for now. The more I think about it, the more I want to play again.

I should get my trumpet back out and give that a run again too.

This is what it looks like (not mine yet):

317119jpg.jpg

Last edited:
go for it i kinda thinking about picking my bro's guitar i gave him to play on years ago since he moved on to electric and out of acoustic

Do it man!
That yamaha looks good and modern.
I just ordered a Takamine Acoustic-Electric G series EG440C with the Black quilted finish. I also ordered a bunch of accessories to include a highly rated training course. The free time I have on days off and at work will definitely come in handy for this. Besides, two of my friends here are avid guitarists.

Projektguitar.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome, guys. I've been considering the same. I played drums for years way back when, but a guitar is so much more versatile and portable :).

Do it, TruWrecks :beerchug:

I have two guitars and still need to learn :banghead:

Can not seem to get the time and drive to line up. Both of mine were steals, so I couldn't pass on buying them.

Yamaha RGX A2.

I haven't played that one myself, can't seem to find Yamaha guitars in my area, but from what I've read they don't play very well.

Squire guitars, on the other, despite all the bashing, tend to play fairly well. I bought a used Stagemaster some time back, and even with the frets worn noticeably, it still plays well. Still doesn't hold a candle to my bargain-basement Ibanez, but I could still play a show with it if I had to.

That is a great idea. I did the same thing about 5 years ago and I strum around a little. I suck but I am only playing for myself so I don't care. It is very relaxing and a good way to exercise the brain. Have fun with it.

Do it! I play mine while watching TV too. I like acoustic guitars as there are no amps (although I do have an amp) no cables, no head phones, you can just pick it up and play and you develop finger strength.

Don't Leave it in a case in a closet, put it on a stand next where you sit and watch TV, that way it's always accessible when the mood strikes you.

Buy cheaper strings and change them often. New cheap strings play and sound 1000% better the fancy expensive strings that are dead. Truthfully, I can't tell the difference between 7$ strings and 25$ strings.

Here's some pics of mine.

'81 daion
Link no longer works
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Regal resonator

NRG 12 string

Etude classical

Yamaha strat copy

Early '50s Roger Rossmeisl
ROGER (Rossmeisl)

Banjatar
Six string strung an tuned like a giutar on the body of a banjo

cheers
ken

BW bought me a beginner guitar a couple years ago for my birthday. I taught myself the basics up to strumming. Oh well, I can play twinkle twinkle little star!! :laugh: It is fun and a great way to past the time. I also played the clarinet and would love to get it resurected. It's been in storage for about 10+ years. I have opened it a couple of times to just check on it and it needs some basic work. Problem is the repair will cost me the same as if I buy a new one. I just need to do the repairs myself, alot cheaper!!!

Go for it TruWrecks. :thumbsup: :bowdown:

What can I say? I like blue! lol. . . dean exotica and ibanez something or other. I don't remember.

621499777_3fffd3e102_b.jpg

622256436_95f3af1d81_b.jpg

Do it. I play guitar and enjoy it very much. Nice winter activity when you can't ride. Yamaha makes a nice guitar. I have not played that model, but I do have a yamaha in my 12 guitar collection. My main guitar I play is an American Deluxe fat strat manufactured by Fender. This company sells almost every brand at great prices, you might want to check them out if you havn't already. Musician's Friend | Your Online Music Instrument & Pro Audio Store | Best Prices, Great Service

I've been a musician for 36 years and LOVE it.

Always glad to see people get involved in playing. I hope you do well, man!

--Wag--

Wow we all have many of the same hobbies!!! Busas, Guns, and Guitars!!!! I have 3 1 fender electric, 1 fender 3/4 accoustic, then a full size epiphone accoustic. I also have a old 1918 lugwig banjo that was my grandfathers!

Do it man!
That yamaha looks good and modern.
I just ordered a Takamine Acoustic-Electric G series EG440C with the Black quilted finish. I also ordered a bunch of accessories to include a highly rated training course. The free time I have on days off and at work will definitely come in handy for this. Besides, two of my friends here are avid guitarists.

Wow. That is beautiful!

I've got an old Lyle that I've had for 40 years... I don't think it's any great shakes for quality..but it still sounds good.

I got the Yamaha RGX A2 today for $320 because it has a small nick in the paint. Not bad for a $700 axe. It has great tone and sound. I let a friend that plays a Charvel try it, and he even like the sound of the RGX better than his. The quality is definitely worthy of greatness.

The picture in my first post doesn't do this guitar justice.

YamahaRGXA2-1.jpg

YamahaRGXA2-2.jpg

YamahaRGXA2-3.jpg

Back