Ignition Switch Question

The Gribbler

Registered
I just traced out a ground on my bike and it turns out to be the ignition switch behind the key. Does the whole lock mechanism need to be replaced or can I just replace the switch? My Clymer's manual isnt clear on that. Thanks

Do you know that the ground is actually up into the switch, if so, I'm pretty sure you will need to replace the whole switch. I don't think you can just replace the Lock mechanism from with switch body. You should be able to find a lock set (ignition and hump) for around $100 on eBay or other parts suppliers.

You will need a security type torx bit to unbolt the switch from it mount. Security torx are a bit that has a hole drilled in the center.

Do you know that the ground is actually up into the switch, if so, I'm pretty sure you will need to replace the whole switch. I don't think you can just replace the Lock mechanism from with switch body. You should be able to find a lock set (ignition and hump) for around $100 on eBay or other parts suppliers.

You will need a security type torx bit to unbolt the switch from it mount. Security torx are a bit that has a hole drilled in the center.

Darn I was afraid of that. I put it into google real quick and it looks like i can get a set of common sizes for under $10. No biggie I guess. I think the lock got moisture into it because it was starting to stick. Thanks man

Back