If you were wondering?

skootergirl has done this a while back and afew other members...

true statement...in fact, DOZER just posted this:
P.S. I hope to do this someday to my bike.

218810d1304268682-couple-pics-busa-guys-lottin-0430111826b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the bike has raising links(can be lowered a bit too) and a 55 rear on it.The 1 inch links are not quite at their highest setting,maybe 3/4 inch.

The exhaust is awesome and the map from brocks was very good.
I just had it custom mapped(9000 miles after install) and they could only squeeze 2 HP from it,curve was the same.
Only reason I mapped it was an off/part throttle glich down low. Turns out I hooked the PC up to the upper injectors :poke: me,duh. If your bike feels good,leave the brocks map alone.
Nice of the tuner to inform(not) me of my error as I would not of mapped it, based on that info.
He also charged me for correcting my f-up.:whistle: Charge me for the fix, but ask me if I still want too map it. Lean times we live in,eh.???

Semi, sorry we missed you this year.got down there the monday after.Had the usual great time the area offers but missed seeing BUSAS/owners everywhere.:moon:
Killer pic of you railing the Dragon.:bowdown:

Yeah the bike has raising links(can be lowered a bit too) and a 55 rear on it.The 1 inch links are not quite at their highest setting,maybe 3/4 inch.

I just had it custom mapped(9000 miles after install) and they could only squeeze 2 HP from it,curve was the same.
Only reason I mapped it was an off/part throttle glich down low. Turns out I hooked the PC up to the upper injectors :poke: me,duh. If your bike feels good,leave the brocks map alone.
Nice of the tuner to inform(not) me of my error as I would not of mapped it, based on that info.
He also charged me for correcting my f-up.:whistle: Charge me for the fix, but ask me if I still want too map it. Lean times we live in,eh.???

Semi, sorry we missed you this year.got down there the monday after.Had the usual great time the area offers but missed seeing BUSAS/owners everywhere.:moon:

Thanks Walt, I think I am going to raise mine also:thumbsup:

OMG! I had my PC5 hooked up the same way lol lol. Thanks for the info!!!! I don't know if it will make a difference as far as HP goes but its hooked to he lower injectors now. Thanks again:thumbsup:

Shane, let me know what you think(soupys links)as to the difference you notice.You will be a better judge of the overall effect from before & after.
I am still getting a feel for this bike compared to the 02.
I like the gen one handling a little more.Guess it helps to have ridden/modded it for over 47,000 + miles.Just turned 13,000 on the 08 on this last trip.:beerchug:

06+5, glad I could help-expensive lesson for me.??? Diff was not dramatic,but was noticeable enough for me to want to map it.The effect was full rich thru 5000 rpms which felt lean to me. NOT:whistle:
I explained the symptoms to the tuner before doing it,top end was perfect(bike went 206.4 mph)....After it was mapped he tells me people do it all the time. er THANKS for taking advantage, while making me feel like an idiot.:moon: Do you have the duel ct also? :beerchug:

Shane, let me know what you think(soupys links)as to the difference you notice.You will be a better judge of the overall effect from before & after.
I am still getting a feel for this bike compared to the 02.
I like the gen one handling a little more.Guess it helps to have ridden/modded it for over 47,000 + miles.Just turned 13,000 on the 08 on this last trip.:beerchug:

06+5, glad I could help-expensive lesson for me.??? Diff was not dramatic,but was noticeable enough for me to want to map it.The effect was full rich thru 5000 rpms which felt lean to me. NOT:whistle:
I explained the symptoms to the tuner before doing it,top end was perfect(bike went 206.4 mph)....After it was mapped he tells me people do it all the time. er THANKS for taking advantage, while making me feel like an idiot.:moon: Do you have the duel ct also? :beerchug:
Yes I have the dual CT and really like it
Posted via Mobile Device

Details please of the paint job. What grit sandpaper start to finish? What kind of paint and where did you buy? Details, details, details...

Looks nice by the way:bowdown:

LaRedd,
lay out the stipes first with masking tape,
Sand with 150,220,320-400 with a proper sized backing pad(I cut up a 3m hard rubber pad).. I only went to 320 and had some fuzzy bits of plastic show up with the primer coat.Left it, as it was not that bad.
Sanding plastic is time consuming,patience needed. :whistle:It is much harder doing the stripes than a whole panel.
I sanded the panels on the bike so they were held secure. Remove the panels for painting and mask the primer coat slightly inside the lines.This allows the color coat to cover the primer edges.

Also when taping, make sure you press it on firmly so you get no bleeding onto the rest of the panel.???If this happens take some non-chlorinated brake clean/ and carefully get off the excess,preferably right away(after removing tape) so it does not dry on there too long.I had a fair bit of overspray but you would never know it now.

Remove tape when wet with primer,let dry.Lay tape on stripe line for color/clear coat stage.Remove tape when wet!:rulez:
I used color rite paint which I had on hand from the other bike.Free:thumbsup:

The 02 silver/gray- gray color matches the 08 gray/black stripe decal very well.
Not sure if the decals are the same color for the blue bike.You may have to find a match at the auto parts store. Color rite paint rocks,is easy to use and worth the money.

If you really want it to look great, paint the full panels for max. effect.Lots more work!
I decided not to as the panels are too much trouble to remove/install(compared to gen 1) and would worry about scratching/marring them. Well worth the time though!

Any more ?,pm me and I will send you my #:beerchug:

IMG_9033.jpg

Thanks Tim
sorry we missed you this year,enjoy chatting with you.
I am guessing your new name is reflective of early dragon running??????? :beerchug:

Back