If money was not a problem

I'd probably do a combination of them all.

I mean, I'd love to have the freedom to live in any location I want and do anything I wanted. But I'd also want to give back. I have a huge respect for the philanthropic work of the likes of Bill Gates etc. They bring about positive change over large social problems, asking nothing back.

I would buy 50 acres as close to town as I could get. I'd have a 12' concrete wall built around the entire property. There would be camera at the gate with a keypad but NO call button. If you had the code, you're ok to be there if not then so sad for you. I'd build a modest sized house ~3000 sqft that is the second floor, the first floor would be a garage, fully equipped. I would take a 6 month cruise with my wonderful lady. I would choose one charity a year and donate my time, money and effort to improving that charity.

I'd work at McDonald's. Seriously, and any kid who looked hungry, I'd give them an extra cheeseburger for free. Any family counting loose change to buy dinner, give it to them for a few pennies. Any homeless guy, free coffee and a burger.

Too many folks are hungry. Time to help out.

I've not posted in this thread for a long time so its awesome there is two pages of replies.... I see a whole lot of having much and giving back to others less fortunate or spending time with family but not a lot of me me me.... So I ask you all this, what is keeping you from doing the things that you dream of doing, maybe at a small level but getting started on your dreams? Have we all just lost the ability to chase our dreams and get started?

Lost the ability?
I think it's more that the majority of this group are happy and in a comfortable place in life.
Being able to ride After all of life's necessaties are paid for IS the dream.
Determined people usually achieve their goals.
I think most of us settle where we are comfortable, be it a middle-class worker with a Busa...or the guy that puts in 8 days a week for 20 years, to open a business and earns total financial freedom...in exchange for a new list of responsibilities.
It's all just perspective.

Ide build a garage....

Here's my current one.... Lol

IMG_2137-1.jpg

Back