If it's not broke don't try to fix it.

Shean

Registered
Well I have had the worst experience I ever had with galfer brake lines. They just don't work for me I have tried everyhing I know how. I have tried bleeding them, I've pumped the fluid in from the bleed screw up to the master cylinder, and to no avail still no brakes. This experience really has me angry. I just hate when things on my bike are left undone. Not only that I even went as far as rebuilding the master cylinder and still nothing. So now I have to find a shp to take my bike to in order to get the front brakes fixed.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I didnt try a vac bleeder. But even when I got the fluid through the system I still didn't acheive any pressure. Here's what I did, I got some 3/8 clear hose and a marinating syringe. I field the syringe with brake fluid, from there I attached on end of the tube to the syringe and another to the bleed screw. Then I craked open the bleed screw and pushed the fluid threw until I saw it come threw the cylinder, I repeated the same step on the left side. Added a little more fluid to the master cylinder then I put the cap back on pumped the lever for about half a minute and nothing happened.

Mighty-vac or equivalent work really well, just be sure to keep the reservoir full so you don't suck more air into the system. I also read in another thread recently about someone having problems with the banjo bolts, but I've no idea how to screw those up. I should have read that thread more closely....maybe you'll stumble across it.

its late walk away get sleep try again in the morn.
Things will make more sense the 2nd time around

some times it just pays to let a pro do stuff.... dont get mad at it (not worth being angry at it)...

I would bet it will take the shop 5 minutes to get your brakes up to snuff...

Always been leary of the hydraulics. I would probably let the shop take on the headache. Nothing wrong with Galfer and the products. Good luck with it.

wow, sorry to hear about the troubles. A head scratcher...
I put HEL steel lines on mine and went without a hitch, didn't even use
a vac-bleeder...just refilled the reservoir, a few squeezes and I was done.

Galfer makes good stuff though...Don't know, wish I was more help :banghead:

you could put your stock ones back on and send me the galfers, i'll pay shipping:whistle:

Well I can help ypu we have shops on california and devision in humbol park and for the north siders come to 3046n elston our other shop kevin at 312-515-3000 simple fix...

Well I have had the worst experience I ever had with galfer brake lines. They just don't work for me I have tried everyhing I know how. I have tried bleeding them, I've pumped the fluid in from the bleed screw up to the master cylinder, and to no avail still no brakes. This experience really has me angry. I just hate when things on my bike are left undone. Not only that I even went as far as rebuilding the master cylinder and still nothing. So now I have to find a shp to take my bike to in order to get the front brakes fixed.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:
I'm a big believer in not messing with things just to mess with them. Lifes too short for unneccessary headaches :laugh: If it aint broke I definately won't be fixing it lol.

Go to galfer's website (or Pashnit I think has linked here); they have a complete video on how to do it.

Back