idle issues

rockadaous

mod-a-holic
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone.
I've been reading posts and searching for a couple of days now.
Here's what I have.

2006 with
GiPro
PCIII
Bolt on's

The bike starts like one of the plug wires is off. It'll run but it sounds bad for the first 1/2 mile, then it evens out.

No FI light

I changed the plugs
I changed the battery
I had a TB Synch (thanks MC Mustang)
I disconnected the PCIII with same results
I disconnected the GiPro with same results
I ran a bottle of Sea Foam thru it also.
I don't see any visible vacuum line disconnected
I don't see any issues with the kickstand switch.

all this and still no FI light. it's been going on since the bash.
any and all help would be appreciated at this time.

u got ur plugs in right order....... fi light only comes on when its a fuel injection or a sensor doesn't read right.

Plugs are in the right order.
Fuel pump also comes on
I'm thinking the injectors might be clogged?
the bike runs like a champ after about 15 min.

This wasn't cleared up? Man I am sorry - what are you doing on Sun? If I make it up your direction, want to take a look?

thank you shawn for stopping by and helping a brotha out. Hopefully next time we'll be able to get a ride in. :beerchug:

shawn swapped around the coils and it seemed to run a lil better, but needless to say it's still doing it. Any ideas ted?

Have you checked your fuel lines and fuel pump? Could be picking up some trash in the tank when it sits. After you ride some it may free up from around the pump. I would also double check all your electrical connections. Take them apart, clean with electronic cleaner then apply diode grease and put back together.

Last edited:
I'll try the contact cleaner tomorrow.
I got a set of coils from a friend. Going for a test ride tomorrow.
Still NO codes.

Just checked the TPS sensor also. :thumbsup: -C, so I guess I'm going to check the gap on the plugs again. This is bug'n me. If the gap isn't it, it's going to the shop.

back from the shop. No compression. #2 #3 intake valves need adjusting. runs like a champ now.

Keep up with your valve adj guys/gals. I didn't so that was my fault.

when is the maintenance required to do something like this? I am not having any issues but figured the topic was out so better ask. And as well, been told theres a place online to download a manual.. can someone let me know.. pm or here is cool.. still have my clutch engagement issues as posted in another posting..any ideas would be great.. thanks..

Hey everyone.
I've been reading posts and searching for a couple of days now.
Here's what I have.

2006 with
GiPro
PCIII
Bolt on's

The bike starts like one of the plug wires is off. It'll run but it sounds bad for the first 1/2 mile, then it evens out.

No FI light

I changed the plugs
I changed the battery
I had a TB Synch (thanks MC Mustang)
I disconnected the PCIII with same results
I disconnected the GiPro with same results
I ran a bottle of Sea Foam thru it also.
I don't see any visible vacuum line disconnected
I don't see any issues with the kickstand switch.

all this and still no FI light. it's been going on since the bash.
any and all help would be appreciated at this time.
hey champ is it injected or carby

Back