Idle Issues

John Emro

Registered
I bought a 2001 Hayabusa last summer with only 6700 miles on it. I know it may need a tune up, as I don't know when the last one was done. That could be causing some of the problems, not too sure. Hoping for some help.

Anyway, when I hold the clutch in, the idle goes up to around 3k rpm. When I let off, it goes to around 1.2-1.5k, and sometime stalls. It also feels like when I am driving when it is in lower RPM's, it doesn't have much power and almost feels like its "stuttering". I did have a power commander hooked up because I have a micron exhaust, but I disconnected it for the time being because the previous owner wasn't sure if it was mapped correctly, so I am trying to eliminate causes of problems one by one. I also found a vacuum line that runs by the throttle cables, that for some reason had a screw in it at the end stopping it from getting a vacuum. I have no idea where it is supposed to be plugged into, or if it is even supposed to go anywhere. I will post a pic. Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0001.JPG

Back