Idle issue after install

oyerbl

Registered
This may be a little preliminary. However it seems to me that the bike should idle about the same... here it goes.
I had a hindle full system with PCIII idled fine then i installed my turbo. I have a mr turbo kit ( i know they are not looked highly upon just wanted to get my feet in the turbo world before investing 5-7k on a NICE setup) the setup is typical, external walboro pump, 5/16 id hose, into the schnitz fuel rail T, fmu rocking 43 "ish" psi at idle, 47 ohm resistor in place of fuel gage wires with gage reading 3/4. However the bike is not starting easily and died on me a couple times at low idle. If i bring the rpms up some (3k) she smoothes out. I adjusted the idle up to 1500 and seems fine. I have not installed my datalogger so I do not have an idle AFR yet. The compressor wheel BARELY spins at idle, off idle it spins freely. The turbo is a rayjay that was rebuilt before i bought it. My question to you is...

1) Could the added back pressure be the cause of unhappy idle?
2) Should I worry that the compressor wheel is not spinning at idle?
3) While I'm at it where is the best place to get an RPM and TP signal for finishing the datalogger install? I would LOVE a diagram at the ecu for the pin # or just the pin # and I can figure that out. Thanks

The RayJay has a plane bearing and at an idle it won't move very much. With the roller bearing types they spinn much more freely.

Back