Brakes went out after install of CC-100

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
So does anyone know what to look for on my Gen II?

if i press the brakes (either front or rear) nothing happens
tail light and blinkers work
The only change is that I installed a CC-100 cruise control and they worked after I buttoned everything back up. Now they stopped. I checked fuses but there isnt a fuse for the brake light specifically.

any ideas?

Maybe the brake light wire got cut? If neither the front or rear work i would look at the brake light wire and trace from there

Are you sure they aren't stuck on? Check the brake light switch down by the rearset. Mine was out of adjustment, and was stuck on.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Come to find out, my amazingly awesome soldering job came undone...

All works now.

FAIL.

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh good job. Do ya love it yet? Is it not the best mod ever?

All works now.

FAIL.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

All works now.

FAIL.

Glad you got it working, any info on installing one would be great. There are several of us interested in installing one but are looking for more information on the install on a Gen II.

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh good job. Do ya love it yet? Is it not the best mod ever?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

took it for a real test today and its awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it working, any info on installing one would be great. There are several of us interested in installing one but are looking for more information on the install on a Gen II.

I went off of the thread that cap put up. and UncleSteve has a doc that has a few more details.

Whoa, had me freaked out there, skaz!
Bad connection in the wiring was gonna be my first guess. Glad you figured it out. :beerchug:

Back