Iceman taillights

nychris

Registered
My '02 has the Iceman Taillights installed, but 3 of the LED lights on the left side are out. How can I fix this?

Thanks

replace them
rock.gif

Obviously. Replace the whole thing, or can I buy the individual LEDS and just replace the 3 that are out??

Sorry I missed this. The LED units are custom and might be difficult to replace. I dont have any more or Id just give them to you. The two halves are just epoxied together and are "threaded" like a nut and bolt. So you can actually open them up to see the problem. More than likely the units have been dropped and broke the led. thats normally the case. Be carefull not to scratch the housings but you can open them right up.

JD

Sorry I missed this. The LED units are custom and might be difficult to replace. I dont have any more or Id just give them to you. The two halves are just epoxied together and are "threaded" like a nut and bolt. So you can actually open them up to see the problem. More than likely the units have been dropped and broke the led. thats normally the case. Be carefull not to scratch the housings but you can open them right up.

JD
After I open them up, then what? How can I actually fix this if you don't have any more of the LEDs? Am I SOL?

If there's no warranty to fix the $200 taillights, then I'd go this way IMO.
http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=TLCR5800

Also LEDs shouldn't just go/burn out, they'll last 100,000+ hours and are solid state so there's no filament to break. I'd bet if anything, a solder point has just been broken loose. But if they are indeed out, might as well replace ALL the red LEDs so they all match in color and brightness. With the above link not only will they all work again, but they'll be ALOT brighter than they were originally.
smile.gif

Back