Some LEDs on Gen 2 Busa taillight doesn't light up.

torquemonsterr

Registered
Hi, the top left 3 LEDs on my gen 2 Busa OEM taillight doesn't light up sometimes, when i use my hand to hit the taillight slightly, it lights up and when i hit it again it goes off. I know its not a big issue, but its kinda annoying. Anyone here having the same problem and is there anyway i can solve this problem?
Thanks.

Just sounds like some loose wiring or bad connection. If everything is connected well, and if you are electrically inclined, I would tear into the light and see if all the wiring and soldering looks good. If it's not, fix it or have someone who knows a little about electronics help out. The basic stuff is easy, LEDs are just smaller basic stuff.

If it's under warranty, then take it in. Now I've got to check my tail light :laugh: I've not looked at the assembly to see if the LEDs plug in or are hard wired, but you could have cold solder joints if they're hardwired. Easy fix typically.

I've checked all the connections and wiring, it's all good. I guess the LEDs itself are not connected properly. I hate taking things apart, especially things that are glued together, it will end up worst then it was before..

Have not looked at it, but if you place it in the oven it comes apart easy. I don't have the temp or time, but plenty have done this on the head light assembly.

I was a little leery doing that with LEDs because I think it'd be a fine line between enough heat to get the glue to separate and ruining the LED board. Either way, sounds like a winter project, and even if you do mess it up, a new light is cheap on ebay.

I now have this problem on my Gen II '14. Some light up, some don't, so I'ma DIY taking it apart.

Anyone have pointers on getting to the tail light itself? Must the whole tail be removed? Is there a tutorial on that?

Any pointers on replacing individual LED components on this tail light? Cuz I'm thinking LEDs are cheap, and as long as I'm in there, may as well replace 'em all so they all glow the same

I now have this problem on my Gen II '14. Some light up, some don't, so I'ma DIY taking it apart.

Anyone have pointers on getting to the tail light itself? Must the whole tail be removed? Is there a tutorial on that?

Any pointers on replacing individual LED components on this tail light? Cuz I'm thinking LEDs are cheap, and as long as I'm in there, may as well replace 'em all so they all glow the same
First port of call is to re-solder all the LED connections, probably dry joints.

Back