I WON!!!! HEHEHEHEHEEEE!!!

OB_motoboy

Registered
I WON!!!!

I fought my BULLSHIT speeding ticket I received last August on Angeles Crest Hiway from a speed-trap dragnet designed to snare motorcyclists.

I pleaded "not guilty," set a trial date, then rescheduled two weeks before the date for a later trial, which turned out to be several months after the incident. At the court, the clerk merely said, "The officer has no recall of the incident and did not show up," and the ticket was DISMISSED!!! I get my $136 back sometime next month and NO POINTS on my license. YEEEHAWWWW!! There’s nothing as sweet as beating the crap system.

So advice for all you speeders out there: don’t bend over and take the ticket! Fight that sucker! Even if the cop shows and you lose, your trial has effectively eliminated the profit that courts and cities reap off bullshit speed-trap tickets. Once the system is sufficiently gummed up, the courts will be forced to rethink their speeding enforcement policies.

Now, time to celebrate!

Motoboy - Was this the ticket that you received while riding beside your friend that also got a ticket? If so how did he fare? If not - never mind - wrong ticket.
It's hard enough to keep up with my own! :)

Good for you. Man you luck out. In CA the CHP have to show up inless there dead or have been rotaded out of the area.

Good for you :) :)

Congratulations!

I, too, fought a $500 ticket. It was $100 each for 5 different moving violations - 60 in a 35, running a red light, and THREE illegal lane changes (failure to use a turn signal).

Just by showing up in court (after two court date delays), they dropped the red light and 2 of the illegal lane changes. I was guilty of the other two charges and the MOTORCYCLE COP made sure that he was there to make sure I didn't "get off" (he didn't think much of sportbike riders).

Not quite a complete victory, but the cost of those additional points on my insurance (for 3 years), made it all well worth it. Like you said, we don't have to bend over just because some feel motorcyclists are a danger to society.

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 11 January 2000).]

The only ones we endanger are ourselves. In the last 2 months in palm beach county fl. there have been 4 motorcycle fatalities. All of them occured when a driver pulled in front of the motorcycle's path. Causing the bike to broadside the vehicle. Down here we have law firms that do traffic tickets only. You pay them $100.00 and they appear for you and get adjudication withheld and no points. Today I paid the firm $268.00. All bike related citations.

Good for you Motoboy. Are you still fighting another, on Ortega Hwy? Hope you're on a winning streak.

Cool! A woman CHP pulled me over in my pickup the week before Christmas and wrote me a ticket for not having my seatbelt fastened! I was on my way to the Suzuki shop to get parts...a half-mile trip...I just forgot to put it on. What a c unt. I haven't had any violations in more than 5 years (1 in the last 15 years), so it's not like my name was a rash on the traffic violation computer file or anything. She just had a burr up her sna tch. You give me encouragement, Motoboy. I'm going to show up and see if the judge is in a good mood.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 12 January 2000).]

Nope...didn't have time to fight the Ortega ticket...bummed about that. This was the one from the Crest, back in August.

Fight on speed bruthas!

Mr. bear,

Fight it. It is my understanding that you cannot be pulled over for only not wearing a safety belt in CA. They can tack it onto another violation, but not by itself.

To Mr Bear: They may be able to pull you over on a seat belt beef. They actually look for shoulder harness position, to get a clue. I remember getting pulled over at a seatbelt checkpoint 4 years ago. It was set up on Euclid Ave. ...... ..I didn't open window, slid seatbelt on, before cop walked up to my car, after being waved over. Harness was under my arm, so he got me for that. I did it that way, so he couldn't see what I was doing, before he got to my car. I argued that law did specify harness had to be over, as long as belt was secured. Beat case in court. He showed up, but "couldn't remember" episode. Case was dismissed.... .. Best chance to beat case is to plead not guilty, formal trial. half the time cop doesn't show up. Win, or lose, fine is cheaper. So far. I've beat 4 out of 5 cases, in 6 years. Good luck............ ..Ps. One of the cases I beat, involved a female CHP, who messed up on her testimony, and case was dismissed.

Back