I went to Myrtle Beach Week Bike last week...got a whole bunch of picks.

my buddies zx14 was in a cpl pics. it was marron wit alot of graphics with a 360 wheel. i rode the 650 down there due to rebuild on my busa....... thats a long story. but great pics and i kno u had fun while u were there

Wow I got somebody that somebody knows!

A couple of guys are members on here.

Sorry about your Busa...keep us informed about the rebuild.

Yes we had a great time this year.

Yea wasn't sure what the stigma was considering it was titled that.

On another note my buddies when last year to the biker week there last year. Said it sucked with all Harleys. But they did have an impressive showing at suck bang blows burnout contest.

is it like a law down there if u own a busa u have to have a 10 inch rim and tire....:whistle: nothn ruins the look and performance more on a busa then them stupid fat rims and tires that are just WAY too big for their set up.

especially when they are stretched 10 inches back behind the stock tail. I really do wonder what is going thru ppl's heads when building a bike. two each his own I guess.....:poke:

is it like a law down there if u own a busa u have to have a 10 inch rim and tire....:whistle: nothn ruins the look and performance more on a busa then them stupid fat rims and tires that are just WAY too big for their set up.

especially when they are stretched 10 inches back behind the stock tail. I really do wonder what is going thru ppl's heads when building a bike. two each his own I guess.....:poke:

From my first post;

"Now of course everything isn't for everybody so I'm asking people to please be a little considerate for other peoples taste and styles, what you like I might not like but I still respect it and appreciate how innovative you can be."

Thank you for being respectful and considerate. Sorry if I offended you or anyone with the pics I posted.

Just trying to show people that may happen to like the look or at least can can get something from it. Everybody doesn't want to hit the road at 150mph or do a 8.5 quarter mile run or drag a knee everyday. Some people want to make it look good and have fun at it...that's all.

i hate 2 kill what ur saying but in most or all southern states , theres really no curves. but like stangman said, everyone has their own agenda on motorcycles. me personally i like my bike long and low, i just want to cruise and chill. i still ride the highways, matter of fact i rode it from florence sc to daytona for bike week with a 330 tire and 26" stretch. but im not mad at u at all but just dont think u should b so judgemental

Back in the forties, fifties, and sixties people probably felt the same way about hot rodders. I'm not a stretch and slam 360 guy, but I can appreciate all the work and the beauty of most of these bikes. Some of it isn't done that well, I remember a Charlie Brown Busa I thought looked nasty. However I would never tell someone that looks nasty because that's my opinion, maybe others would like it. If nothing else the guy that did it must have, so why would I mess with him. I do like the Busa lowered. To me it looks better, but my '08 is factory because I enjoy performance more than the look. Stretching can be a performance enhancement for drag racers and LSR guys. The fat tires look good to a point especially under the Gen II butt, but that tire really takes away from performance.

I guess I have a broad mind on these things, and bottom line your money, your ride. Don't worry bout it.

Great pics, Looks like a lot of fun. I went to bike week HD once and swore I would never go back. I always wanted to go to sport bike week but never got to. Thanks for sharing

was this spring rally or black week aka sport week

Or Atlantic Beach Bike fest, which is the actual name of the rally, respect to Carolina Knight
Riders MC the founders of it 30 + years. :thumbsup:

Oh btw nice pics, I think the biggest I could go is 240 with no more than 4 over, I like when the wheel stops at the tail, A lot of nice bikes in the pics.

That blue busa with the zx14 rear and gixxer headlight has some neat things going on. I like the gixxerr headlight on that a lot but not the cross and cut down windscreen. I saw another busa with that mod in your pics to of the headlight mod. Trying to figure out that side fairing deal......that looks really neat

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to knock the customizing because taste is subjective . I will say there is a butt load of originality . I'll also say there's a butt load of future painful road rash waiting ahead . I'd look like the guy that shows up to toga party in a 3 piece suit . Personally I don't go a block without gear but that's me.

LOL "whole bunch of" understatement of the year hahaha. nice pics love the snowflake effect on busas when it seems they all look alike and no two really do. that big front wheel shyt is hilarious tho they look like little guys on circus bikes. when it comes to people being individuals and having different goals and reasons thats just has to be chalked up. ive had so many convos at bike nights and places and hear new riders that cant wait to get things like swing arms and NOS bottles because "they look cool" ...no mention of performance. every hobby I love gets to a point where people are just in it for a different reason than i am. gotta let people be what they wanna be agree or not. like 26's and 28's on SUVs and have to slam on brakes when you see a pot hole so you dont break your rim. youve essentially neutered your truck... thats how i feel about 300s+ ...seems like a waste to one but to them it "looks cool" and "it gets chicks" lol. either way i just say stay safe and its all good...now can ams is another story lol

damn, i wish i had the doe....then again i wud b broke lol. some really well done customizing. thanks for the pics man

Back