I was supposed to pick up my busa tomorrow

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
So I am going to get her tonight, as long as the weather cooperates.  I will get some pics posted of the event if it goes down.  

Talk to you all later

Don

Here is the link to the thread with the pics:

But here is one just because I can't pass up the opportunity.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146918671 -->

1.jpg

its just water... i rode my brand new F4i and busa home in the rain... of course i was riding like a grandma would drive in the fast lane. Unless your planning on being one of those people that their bikes are going to be allergic to water i wouldnt sweat it...

Helps keep you in the factory breakin specs. Slows you down, thats all.

The rain on the bike isn't the problem. I choose not to ride in the rain because of the safety issue. Not so much me, but here where I live, the people drive like idiots in hot weather, rain, snow, ice and sleet. It doesn't really matter to them. The other half of the reason is that the house mouse is throwing a fit about me riding home in the rain. I am going to Eureka Springs to get it and she is being a wife. Weatherman is in support of the evolution tho and I should be able to get some riding in tonight before the weather gets bad. I will post pics when I get back.

Don

The clock is DRAGGING damn it. LOL

She has 1502 miles on her. The guy that owned her said that she has never seen 120, he is a trustworthy person. My dealer (best friend) referred me to this guy. The bike will be a year old this month. If the weather is my friend, she may see 120 today.
biggrin.gif

Cool no breakin required. How far, and what % chance of rain would make the diff.

It is about a 45 minute drive, 30 minutes of hard riding. As long as it is not raining I am headed to get her and once I leave the house, I am bringing her home. Gotta play nice on the way back for the most part, the house mouse will be behind me in the truck and I don't need her all pee'od.

Don

if the following day will be dry then wait for it
smile.gif
if you can ...
smile.gif

smile.gif

I guess you havn't herd of the busa curse. It ALWAYS rains the day you are supposed to pick up your busa. We were in the middle of a drought when I got mine. The day before I was to pick it up it started pouring. Rained for three days streight! Same thing happened to my son GSXTacy.

type.gif

Up just abou teveryone here has picked up their Busa's in the Rain... Ask around, it's like a curse. So go ahead, and keep up the tradition... It's EXTRA exciting this way.

just asked the wife...she said it didnt rain the day i picked up mine...hmmmm....mabey i am not ...no...wait...i am married..lol

Yea--it snowed the day I picked mine up. I guess the weather gods aren't 'busa friendly!!!

Congrats on the new Busa. It rained for 5 days straight after I picked up my Busa about 2 weeks ago! Never forgot about her all alone in the garage though. Used to go outside and sing to her, wipe her lovingly, tell her how nice she looks. Did I say that out loud?

Back