I was mean to Bestbuy today

Gpmo

Registered
So yesterday I bought a new computer monitor for my gamin rig. First monitor I have ever bought at that. I've been using my 52" hd tv for the computer but since that is going to storage I needed something else. Anyhow I got a good deal on an LED 23" widescreen and went to hook it up. Well that wasn't happening as I didn't have the right cable. I needed a DVI cable and the one I had was sold with my last tv. Off to best buy I go today. I check their website and they have 3' dvi-d for 12$, cool......I get there and all they have is Dynex and rocket fish. Cables. And the cheapest is 25$. As I'm standing in front of the cables a BB associate walks over and stands right in front of me blocking the cables from My view and starts yapping to the guy she is with. It was obvious I was looking at them as my hands were on one set as she walked up. I have had a history of rude BB associate at this location so I said screw it. Just then as me and my buddy are walking off a guy comes up and says can I help ha find anything. I respond curtly with a " yes a dvi cable that isn't overpriced please". He laughs and says right here and grabs the one I need. It's 30$. I said " no I need one that isn't a ripoff. ". Poor guy just stared at me. So out comes the phone and I pull up amazon and dial in the same product. A Dynex 6' dvi d cable. It's 9$. So I had to ask why I should buy it from him. Particularly when best buy is the parent company and producers of Dynex and rocket fish products, yet I can buy their own product for almost 3x less from their competitor..... He gave me and my buddy each one for 9$ and my friend bought a new monitor from them because of it. :p

Turns out the guy is the store manager and i had not realized it and he is a rider and gun guy plus he wrenches on his own stuff and paints. I got his card lol may go for a ride.

I dont know why but it seems that all BB people are like that. It must be the training they go through. I here they are in trouble compeating with other stores so maybe they need to have a chat with all emp. And tell them to get better at treating people or find another job.

That's not mean! It's being savvy!
Most lazy Americans just shut off the hat holder, bend over and pay it!! Why do you think they are successful in their business? Shame on the many that don't compare and shop about.
You should have railed the rude associate getting in front of your business.
So how much did your friend over pay for the monitor??? That's the question. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Their cables are like overpriced soft drinks in a restaurant or rust proofing on a new car. It's where they make their money.

I got a killer price on a Sony 3D bluray player at BB and had to laugh when they tried conning me into paying $50 bucks for a single HDMI cable. I think those mindless droids are actually brainwashed into believing all the crap they spew. Put the player in my car and then walked over to the Mendards home improvement store next door and bought a couple HDMI cables on sale $6.99 each. I'm probably cheating myself out of my full 1080 and 3D quality! :rofl:

I used to like BB but use them as a last resort now. Getting too much like Highland, Silo, Circuit City and pretty much any other store that went out of business due to annoying as hell sales people that won't leave you alone.
Staples is another store that used to be my favorite, bought my last three computers there. Last laptop I bought (almost too good to be true price), the punk wouldn't take NO for an answer on an extended warranty. Manager got involved and acted hurt and upset when I still refused it. Normally I'd tell them to piss off and leave but I couldn't pass up the price.
Waited 10 minutes for them to bring it to the counter and noticed the box wasn't sealed. Opened it to find a USED filthy laptop that was an older version. That resulted in a scene which drew a small crowd. Oddly within 30 seconds I had the proper laptop in a sealed box.

After reading about hhgregg, I know better than to even step foot in that store. I'd probably end up in jail.

haha nice, well look at it this way you may have made the best possible friend you could... you will never have bad service again lol

Best Buy is in trouble and that is a store I will miss :( Cause I hate Wall Mart and Target. Looks like soon you may have less choices and when that happens prices will go up.

Back