Computer to TV, what kind of cable?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I want to connect my laptop to my TV, it has options for usb, ethernet, or internet. Do I need a cable that has usb on one end and the standard monitor cable on the other so I can connect my laptop? Like connecting a laptop to a projector?

That will work or I think there is a USB to HDMI that will work as well. Your computer isn't a Mac by any chance is it? I know there is a mini display to HDMI cable available.

age of both laptop and tv come into play here. the newer of each will have hdmi ports. hdmi ports look very similar to usb ports, if your stuff is newer i would consult the owners manual for exact features and specs. or google the product number for specs. hdmi is the easiest. plug in A, plug in B... sound, video...done!

i have an older system (sans hdmi) and run the vga cable from the desktop to the tv, using the tv as a monitor. the only problem is that my tv doesnt have an audio in (and vga connections dont carry sound). so, i run the sound from the computer to a stereo receiver.

there are lots of ways to get this done, it really depends on what connections you have available.

Ok, i found the owners manual on Sanyo's website. I know what I need now, thanks guys. Off to wally world. :laugh:

Ok, i found the owners manual on Sanyo's website. I know what I need now, thanks guys. Off to wally world. :laugh:

If its a relatively new laptop should be able to use the HDMI to get both the picture an the sound to your TV. I just went through this last week with my uncle's laptop. Was reading about adapters an all kinds of stuff and when I checked the manual online HDMI video/audio out capable

i just hooked my computer to my 55" led samsung...i have a 32" tv on the computer but battlefield 3 on the 55" is awesome...lol:laugh:

You should be able to connect wirelesly through your network.

Hold the hayabusa, John your saying I can connect my laptop and use the tv as a monitor, wireless?

depends on the laptop and the tv, some of the new smart tv's have the ability (i did sales at an electronics store for a while) what brand and model tv do you have ill see what i can look up for you

Back