I want to trade my bike for a Busa...

Intheroe

Registered
Hello this is my first post here although I've been lurking for a while...

Here is the deal... I currently own a 2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R of course in Kawasaki green :laugh::laugh:

Now I took it in for service on friday and at the dealership i noticed they had a nice looking 2001 Busa for about 7k with only 3,120 miles on it... I thought about it and wondered if they would take my bike as a fair trade for it...

I love my zx-6r but honestly, I am a bigger guy not huge... 218lbs and am looking for somethign that is a little bit more comfortable... I sat on that bike and really like the seat as it is extremely comfortable compared to my bike...

Heres the deal... I wonder why that bike only has 3,120 miles on it... I've been riding for almost two years and my bike has close to 4k on it already.. Did the guy just never ride? Or is there something wrong with it...

Any how... Its nice to be here and hopefully this will work out in my favor...

Have a great day!

Regards,

Jason

Most people simply don't ride much. It's a weekend run out for dinner hang out with the local crowd thing.

My 2006 model currently has 45K miles on the clock, I'll never be able to sell her because everyone will think she's worn out!

some guys show, others go.... I had 4K on my bike in the first 30 days... :rofl: I think a few of the left coast guys do this year round... am waiting to see which one hits 100K first on a Gen2 bike..

not so sure about the 7G for the bike (you can get an 08 for just a few $$ more)

Yea I would like to just strait up trade my 07 for it... I think I should actually get some $$ back though... Thats just me... I mean I've always loved Busa's but i think after riding for a while i understand the line of respect for motorcycles... Already took a spill luckily at low speed... But it has kept me really diligent ever since.

I'm just wondering if my bike is worth enough to cover even $6,500 or $6,000... I guess I'll know when I ask the sales rep...

My bike realistically is in great shape but if one was looking into it aesthetically they would want a new Tail for it...

Another good reason for low milage bikes is people buy them cause they think they will look kewl and then scare themselves and the bikes sit.
Around here a is good indication when you see a newer hyper bike with low milage for sell.
With some kind of excuse for selling them.

There are lots of low mileage Hayabusa's around. Very typical. Nothing to worry about, assuming there are no obvious signs of trouble.

Just a small scratch on the right side... looks like someone keyed it actually... not a typical "My bike fell over type of scratch"

I am a fan of Busa's but at the same time I like to ride canyon's well NY and CT's equivilent of Canyon riding which is Bear Mtn here... I just hope the Busa can take the corners... I have no plans on making this bike a custom stretch or barely riding it... I plan on riding it a lot.

Just a small scratch on the right side... looks like someone keyed it actually... not a typical "My bike fell over type of scratch"

I am a fan of Busa's but at the same time I like to ride canyon's well NY and CT's equivilent of Canyon riding which is Bear Mtn here... I just hope the Busa can take the corners... I have no plans on making this bike a custom stretch or barely riding it... I plan on riding it a lot.
Get the suspension preload and dampening setup for your weight, do a couple of track days and you'll be able to thoroughly embarrass a good number of the supersport crowd, in my area better than 1/2-2/3 of them. They'll turn far better than anyone gives credit for.

Like my drain plug?:laugh:

208755039_D7kLs-XL.jpg

Ignore the rash, had a brain fart six days earlier.

Ignore the rash, had a brain fart six days earlier.

Funny that you say that... that was the first thing i noticed when looking for your drain plug...lol...

Any how... If i can get this bike.. Yea i would absolutely get the suspension tuned for my habits...

Also I really want to paint the entire bike flat white and then put on a Metalic Hayabusa graphic... For some reason I really dig flat white... I don't know why... Plus I have a hvlp gun that i could use to spray it those plastics...

I am getting ahead of myself here... First thing would be to get the bike... Then ride it and get comfortable with the difference in weight... then just be happy...

There are lots of low mileage Hayabusa's around. Very typical. Nothing to worry about, assuming there are no obvious signs of trouble.

+1. Most of the used busa's I've seen at dealerships are pretty low mileage. I bought my used 04 LE almost 2 months ago with only 3800 miles on it. Two weeks later the same dealer got another used busa. This time an 05 with about 5000 miles on it. Some people just don't put a lot of miles on bikes.

Motorcycle Trade-In Values & Retail Prices! - Kelley Blue Book

Don't know about your dealer, but when I traded in my toddler rocket (08 Ninja 650) at the beginning of the month, my dealer gave me straight up book value. I was pretty happy, since it was my first bike and I'd dropped it a couple of times.

Of course, you can also check book value on the busa you want to buy. Shop around, check craigslist and ebay (not saying buy from there, but check prices at least), and do your research. Know what you want to get, what you are willing to spend, and how you're going to pay.

Good luck and ride safe!

thanks guys... I have noticed something though...

I am in no way saying anything negative about the south so please don't take it that way...

But... Everything out west or down south automotive related is a lot cheaper than here in CT...

I know because I found a truck here that I wanted to buy that was just going to hold me over for a year that had 100k on it... guy wants 3k for it... down south same truck less miles... $1,500..

Found a Busa 06' in GA for $5k only 4k miles on it... Beautiful condition... Same thing here... closing in on $9,500 with more miles on it...

My retail on my bike is something like $6,300 and the busa is supposedly $6,800...

I am hoping that they will let me trade strait up for this busa for my bike.. 4K miles on my bike 2007 ZX-6R for a 3,120 on the 01 busa... I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go back to the dealership... Although I did look at other places like Craigslist, most those bikes are not up for trade...

Welcome! As was said, many reasons for the low mileage, but the price is on the high side for that year. If you like the all white the '09 white is a nice bike. Just a thought.

Thanks I am a huge fan of the White... but I can't go purchasing a new bike while trading in my old bike... Not that its a huge issue but... I do have about $40K in student loans to pay back:whistle:

Back