I want to drag a knee, no puck!

ericyow

Registered
So I bought some leather pants a while back. They're nice, but they don't have a place for a puck! Now that I think I'm getting ready to drag a knee, I want to have a puck to do so, of course. I may not anytime soon, but I want to be ready when I find myself in the zone and want to do it. Should I get a knee slider kit and sew it into the leather pants I have or should I just buy some more and spend the money? (Don't particularly want to have 2 pairs of leather pants if I don't need them both!)

I found on ebay the textile Joe Rocket Razor suit that I really like, BUT it's not waterproof. If I could find a textile 2pc suit that was waterproof, or an inexpensive pair of pants, I'd love to jump on the bargain. See, I'm going to the Dragon next weekend and I wish I was already equipped to drag a knee, but I don't think I could find any pants that fast. Ideas?

Clarksville TN does NOT have anything remotely close to what I'm looking for. Suggestions?

-yow!

Just but a new set of pants with the Knee Sliders that way when you wear them out just get your self a new set of Pucks
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Clarksville? I'm just down the street from you in Pleasant View be careful on the Dragon!:beerchug:

This might look stupid, but how about a pair of kneepads with sliders sewn onto them? Field Expedient until you find a more permanent solution. Either that, or just stay off your knee this time.

Ok, so you have never dragged a knee, and the first place you want to try to do it is out on the street? Never mind at the Dragon....
This is how its done on the track.

nj1.jpg

Hey bro, I had the same problem. Heres what you need. Joe Rocket Velcro Ovals Kit to Attach Knee Sliders :: New Enough, LTD
Velcro oval kit from joe rocket. Its only $13 and then you can attach any pucks you want to whatever pants you want(even icon recon jeans ;) )
Just be sure that you (or whoever does the sewing) sews around the paremeter of the patch and also a zigzag line or an X in the middle to besure they dont come loose from the pants during use. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Re: I want to drag a knee, no puck!

You could always do what Kenny Roberts used to do, wrap your knees with a bunch of layers of duct tape.

just ride the dragon at a safe pace and enjoy, then go to the track and learn soon enough the knee will find its drag.

He's never dragged a knee. He says it in the first post.

I realize that but the question he asked was weather he should attach knee pucks or buy a suit with them, and how/where to do so, so that he'll be ready when he does....."not how to drag knee". Thats in another post,:lol:

Now boys....:poke: play nice

lol, I'm not bickering or anything, I just wanted to make sure that it was understood so that maybe he could get some more input on the subject that he was asking about without his thread getting sidetracked. :beerchug: I'm the new guy here...not looking to start any crap.......yet ;)

Back