Going to Cycle Gear tomorrow

ericyow

Registered
I want some pants with a puck but I'm not sure what I should get. It's hot, so I'd sooner get something textile like the Joe Rocket Razor 2pc suit, but I want something waterproof for the long rides. I'm open for suggestions. I might wind up just getting the cheapest Frank Thomas pants ($150).

Never buy cheap motorcycle gear. I had a frank thomas 1 piece suit, leather was too think, seams were uncomfortable, I almost crashed at the track because my foot came off the peg and i couldent put it back on it beacuse the suit was so stiff. Sold it the next day and bought a kangroo suit and love it.

I would not worry about the "water proof" thing... your gear needs to breath or you will suffer... I have soaked my leathers a few times in the rain and they dry out just fine.. (I have rain over-gear anyway)..

What part of the country are you in? you may need to look at "perforated" or leathers that vent well to keep cool.. (I also have "first gear" undergear that keeps you cooled off as it pulls moisture off your skin)

I would start trying on stuff till you find gear that feels good ( while sitting on your bike)

BTW.. Congrats!! new leathers are sort of fun to shop for IMO..

I don't know what size you wear but Newenough has closeout on Teknic leather pants size 38 and 40 for $179.00. Better than Frank Thomas leather any day.

sounds like your gonna need 2 or 3 pair lol
thumb_up.gif

Don't buy cheap. If you do, you will regret it later. Pony up and be happy. Someone mentioned the Kangaroo stuff, that is about as good as it gets. Problem is, I don't think they sell it in the US anymore. Too many people upset at the thought of bikers wearing poor little Kangaroo skin. Too bad people don't feel sorry for cows, huh? Good luck and have fun doing it!

Well, I tried on Frank Thomas 2pc and 1pc suits but I'm not ready to drop $500 on them, even if I would get a "free" pair of $140 gloves with it. Not a bad deal to get the free gloves, but man that's still a lot of money. I did learn a LOT though, especially having never had on a track suit. The best I learned...my sizes! Now I can price shop and possibly buy online with confidence that I'd be getting something my size.

42 suit, 42 jacket, 34 pant, med glove

I'm going to browse denniskirk, newenough, ebay, etc now. I was hoping to buy something with a puck before next weekend for my trip to the Dragon, but I'll just wait and drag a knee for the first time another day. ;) I might hit up my first track day at Barber next month. Anyone want to mentor me?
bowdown.gif

Did some looking around and was set to buy a pair of Alpinestars BAT pants. Waited too long and used the cash for something less important... They had nice features and NewEnough.com carries 'em, might be worth looking at.

Back