I want to buy a 'busa

iambob

Registered
I was thinking about buying a busa but i want to know the pros and cons, the ups and downs about it. i know that is heavy so nobody bother about telling me that but the bike I have now is heavier than the busa. i would like to know everything good and everything bad about it.
Thanx

<!--EDIT|iambob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157321101 -->

The only 'con' I've found is that I can't take 'er out for a leisurly cruise without hittin' at least a buck twenty before the rides over~ Just today I went out with some locals and even said I was "gonna be good today"... yeah... right~ I hit a buck sixty before that ride was done!
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about buying a busa but i want to know the pros and cons, the ups and downs about it. i know that is heavy so nobody bother about telling me that but the bike I have now is heavier than the busa. i would like to know everything good and everything bad about it.
                                               Thanx
Its fast as HEXX Pro
It costs money Con

Best bang for the buck cant go wrong with a Busa...

Impossible question to answer! What are you looking for in a bike?

is this bike well handling, smooth shifting, easy to upgrade, worth the money, any quirks it may have, and most of all is it comfortable for a sportbike, your help greatly appreciated.

Pros: Insanely fast, comfortable for a sportbike, smooth handling, excellent controls, looks great, easy to work on, very good gas mileage, holds its value.

Cons: Hard to resist going insanely fast, no gear indicator, after break-in the throttle can have a temper (can be fixed by a tre), eats rear tires.

I love my bike so the cons are very minor...

If you think you can control the power/speed, then get a Hayabusa. You won't regret it. Just go the a dealer and sit on one and see how it feels.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 06 2006,17:35) Pros: Insanely fast, comfortable for a sportbike, smooth handling, excellent controls, looks great, easy to work on, very good gas mileage, holds its value.

Cons: Hard to resist going insanely fast, no gear indicator, after break-in the throttle can have a temper (can be fixed by a tre), eats rear tires.

I love my bike so the cons are very minor...

If you think you can control the power/speed, then get a Hayabusa. You won't regret it. Just go the a dealer and sit on one and see how it feels.
So when would i notice the choppy throttle?? I picked her up after the first service tonight, didnt ride much but I didnt notice a difference either? I have a TRE coming so if it gets bothersome i will see how that works.

I have had the bike for almost 3 weeks and the pros are comfort (rode for almost 3 hours straight, no sore but, no wrist pain, no shoulder pain. a bit of neck pain but nothing unusual), its real smooth on the road. Easy to handle but definately not flickable in the twisties. Dont get me wrong, she does just fine but you will notice the extra weight. I had and SV1000S and that was flickable even though it wasnt the lightest. I love the look of this bike too. The big fairings do an awesome job of cutting through the wind, little or no resistance. 110 feels like 60 vs the wind. You dont even realize you are going that fast. Did I mention you can go fast, really really fast!!! If thats not your thing this bike has enough low end power to just cruise. Before I got my SV i thought about a gsxr600 and that thing had nothing on the low end, it was really disappointing. The SV was a twin and was a great overall commuter bike. The Hayabusa wins hands down! I am lovin this bike.

Cons: The technology is a little old, braking could be better out of the box but a few simple mods can make that lots better.. Other than that i cant think of any...

Really break the bike in... around 1.5k or 2k you'll notice the choppy throttle in the lower gears. I'm getting a tre next week and thinking about some slip ons.

Next Busa buys:
1. Joe Rocket jacket
2. tre or a gipro tre
3. New cans... still considering which ones

An explanation from a tre sold on ebay:

"Suzuki's late model fuel injected sportbikes have electronic circuitry which retards the ignition timing in the first four gears, which also reduces the horsepower. Simply plugging the TRE unit in will increase horspower and throttle response in the lower gears and will eliminate the hesitation / stumble, when you get off then back on the throttle. The TRE also eliminates the top speed limiter where applicable."

it basically tricks the bike into thinking it is in 5th gear all the time...this does away with the reduced ignition timing in the first four gears and the speed limiter in 6th gear

Pro comfort, SPEED, Bullit proof bike holds up well, fuel mileage, and just an overall joy to ride, plenty of mods available for just about anything you want to do

Cons Eats back tires, SPEED/deceptive riding along thinking your doing 70 look down it will be sittin on 90+ , when newer false nuetrals shift like you mean it and its no problem,
with all the mods available can be a $$$ pit which no one seems to mind this one haha

You'll love the Busa

I have 3k on mine and never noticed a choppy throttle
Best bike by far I have ever had my butt on
The "false neutral" problem is a bit disconcerting to new owners -- the bike will hit it between 5-6th gear
as it was said before -- firm shifts (shift like you mean it) and its gone by the time the bike breaks in (was on mine and countless others)
Drag racers tend to bend the second gear forks and chip the second gear -- can be repaired with undercut gears (and fork replacement)
The biggest question is are YOU ready for a busa. This bike will bury you in a heartbeat if you disrespect the power even for a split second

Back